I did it !!! Converted someone to Glock !!!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
FINALLY !!! After I told my daughter, DO NOT buy a Taurus PT140 (.40S&W).
She bought it anyway cuz it was "CUTE" and much cheaper than a Glock !!!

After shooting 200 rounds thru it, she and her husband could not get it apart. I finally figured out how to get it apart with this failure it had. Shavings everywhere in the slide and mechanisms. It's going in for Service to an Authorized service center then she's selling it.

So she said she have listened to Dad as usual !!! But hasn't been able to find a Glock 23, 27, 19 or 26. I wanted her to have a G23. I found her one at Academy this afternoon and made her race up there to get it.

She's now the proud owner of Glock 23 Gen 3 from Academy for $529.99 as of about 45 minutes ago.

Now she just called, her and her husband want me to go the range with them. Probably cuz the husband is out of 9mm and needs to borrow some of my stock pile. I happen to KNOW he's got 5 boxes on the way since we got together and made an online bulk buy, so I'm loaning him a box of 9mm and gonna go break in the daughters G23.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I happen to KNOW he's got 5 boxes on the way since we got together and made an online bulk buy, so I'm loaning him a box of 9mm and gonna go break in the daughters G23.

Hey bud, hate to break it to you but 9mm won't do you any good in a G23. It's .40S&W.

I hope he sees this before he runs out the door.

Last edited:

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Hey bud, hate to break it to you but 9mm won't do you any good in a G23. It's .40S&W.

I hope he sees this before he runs out the door.

:werd07: There is alot of models these days.. And thats why im still a die hard Gen 3 fan...:roflbow:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Its a .40 caliber I own one, They do make a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm but those run $109 and you need G19 mags.... So I think that its maybe a type-0.... No way she got all that for $529...Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I know a 9mm case will fit inside a .40 case. I'd think a 9mm bullet would fall completely out of the .40 barrel. I'll go verify that. BRB.

Sho enuff! 9mm falls completely through a .40 barrel.
2013-01-18_21-54-17_946.jpg

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Have no fear dudes. The 9mm was for HIS Beretta CX4, NOT for my dauhters G23. She had plenty of .40 already. All I took to shoot was my G23 and P89 9mm.

Humvee21

Full Access Member
I'm still not sold on Glock. My Sig was just like it, but the main difference was the external hammer. Everything else was the similar, but I didn't like it all that much. I like my Beretta a lot more

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
So does anyone know if OLD Ammo can be inaccurate? I've never had an issue with CCI Blazer, and never had a problem with Remingtin UMC. I tool a Box of 9mm Remington UMC, and a Box of .40 CCI Blazer. Shot the Blazer first at 10 yard and it was all over the freakin place. So thinking it was me, I know my Ruger 9mm P89 is accurate WITH ME shooting it. It wasn't so wonderful either but not as bad as the CCI Blazer in the Glock23. Brought the targer in to 8 yards and had many strays, and no grouping worth mentioning.

Hell, I was beggining to think something was wrong with me, or my guns. So I finished off those boxes, then got to the cheap shit. Had a box of NEW .40 Tul Ammo that I was able to snag at Walmart. (Which I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be shooting in the range) At 8 yards with 15 round G22 mag, I was putting bullets thru shots and tore out a golf ball size hole in the paper with 1 stray about 4 inches off. Did it again at 10yards and no stray. So that was 30 rounds of the Tul. Then I did 2 mags of 10 round, practicing double tap, giving me a total of 10 doublt tap shots. All were in a group the size of a softball, and bullet hole over a bullet hole by an inch on each double tap.

Point is, That CCI Blazer and Rem UMC I was shooting like shit and all over the place is about 5 years old. Get this, the price on the box was $7.39 for CCI Blazer and $5.49 for the Rem UMC 9mm. So again, my question is, does OLD ammo get inaccurate?

BTW, other than being steel core and not being able to shoot the Tul Ammo at the range, I was very impressed with the accuracy and I really expected the gun to be filthy after 50 rounds of Tul through and it really wasn't all that bad. Cleaned it anyway of course. I will for sure buy Tul Ammo for plinking out at my dads property.

Of the 120 rounds even though I consider 50 of them wild rounds, and 60 rounds of 9mm thru the P89, not a single FTL, FTF or FTE. None for the Daughter in her New G23 either and she did 70 rounds thru it, and 30 thru her Taurus. None thru the SIL's Berreta's either. Probably 500 rounds between all of us.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
BTW, my SIL's Beretta's are the CX4 Storm Carbine and he got a PX4 Storm Type F tonight too when the daughter got her G23. For some reason he likes 9mm, and she likes .40.

pix166427300.jpg

10129721.jpg

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I was never a huge Glock fan, even though I have been carrying one for 10 years at work. I finally was sent to Glock armorer school and I have to admit I am sold. They are so freaking easy to work on. 34 parts, that's it. I can change anything on my Glocks but the frame. That alone has sold me, especially with the future us gun owners may be facing.

I have some extras on order with Glock so I can fix any problem that may arise in the future. :cheers:

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
I was never a huge Glock fan, even though I have been carrying one for 10 years at work. I finally was sent to Glock armorer school and I have to admit I am sold. They are so freaking easy to work on. 34 parts, that's it. I can change anything on my Glocks but the frame. That alone has sold me, especially with the future us gun owners may be facing.

I have some extras on order with Glock so I can fix any problem that may arise in the future. :cheers:

What you posted is my story to.. GLOCK is and will be the best side arm ever for the next 30 years hands down, And yes i was thinking the same thing.. Look at this fucking turd! Well i got one in a trade and could not wait to sell it, ugley piece of dog dung.... Then i ran a few rounds thru it... I shut my fucking mouth after the first 10 shots as a county cop said well? I said this thing is so smooth and just seems like it wants to do what i want........I LOVE THE UGLY GUN TO THIS DAY..
glockpartscomparison_zps8c297219.jpg

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
My daughter was wanting to go to range with me to shoot my Glock before she bought one. I've always told her and everyone else. Borrow or shoot something BEFORE you buy it. Going shooing with a buddy or even rent one at the range, whatever, but shoot one FIRST. I found her one, and told her don't wait, just get it. In the current market, you can sell it for what paid for it in a matter of minutes.

So she got it, excited to shoot it, we went to the range last night. She fired a full mag through it, and looked at me with big eyes and said WOW. I said, WOW what? I thought something was wrong. She said, I love this. Way different from my Taurus. :rofl: I said Duh, you just went from a Yugo to a Caddy, sure you'll see the difference. But, her shots were all were all over the place. I noticed when she was shooting she had the gun to close to her, and to much bend in her elbows. So I told load another mag and get into position to fire, keep finger off the trigger and don't fire yet. I squeezed her elbows in a bit to a slight bend, and said go for it. Way better !!! She brought her target in, then started waving it in her husbands face cuz it was pretty damn good. The best she's ever shot, and it was just her 2nd Mag, now 26 rounds thru it, so it's not even broke in.

Her and her husband went to the range again today. She called me in a panic telling me she had at least one FTE on every mag, and some even 2. She bought the range ammo while there. Brand was Estate. Strange that last night, she shot Remington UMC and Blazer Brass and it did just fine. She did clean it last night and read all the directions so she don't think she put anything together wrong. All she did was take the slide off and barrel out, cleaned it and back together, so I doubt she could have put it back together wrong.
I told her it's probably nasty ammo. :shrug: Anyone else know of Estate Ammo or had any experience with it. I've been looking for reviews and can only find places that sell it, but noone is showing reviews for it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
So were they double feeds or slide lock back ,steel cases,new gun or used, still lots of ???? Glocks can limp wrist if allowed.

Members online

No members online now.