Help with eo tech

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I am not familier with the eo-tech holographic sights and am interested in replacing my inexpensive reflex sight. I just wanted to know from those who have them what model you have and the pros and cons of the particular model. I've been researching you tube but would like info from a trusted member. I'm interested in the holographic cross hair and not reddot. Thanks In advance for helping me out.....Concealed 27

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
XPS series, much improved over the 5 series sights. 512 sights are what most will recommend (due to price point) but the XPS is shorter, has better battery life and does not have recoil induced battery contact issues. If you are going to spend that much spend a little more and get the better sight.

005-14.jpg

d567f947.jpg

Any excuse for pictures. :crazy:

STF

Full Access Member
I'd have to figure out exactly which one I have but it's the one with the double A batteries and I like it.

Bluez

Full Access Member
The double AA batteries model is the 512.
The AA are the most common batteries in the world.

I have never had any problems with recoil contact issues at the battereis BUT I had not shot it as hard as some.

Having said that when you read my review you will probably see that I like the 512 quite a bit.
Sometimes they are on sale for under 400..

I dont really need the extra room on the gun in front of the sight.. what would i put there?.

lights would go further forward, lasers i dont bother with.

the 512 is the cheapest one to offer the full holographic joy, since the sight view is the same as the more expensive ones.

PS: Rusty that's a Ruger 556 isnt it , great guns!

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
It is a SR556 :happy107:

Length may not be an issue on an AR but can be on other guns, my FS2000 for example. And having a sight that takes AAs is nice but the CR123 models have better battery life and are less likely to have issues with corrosion while in storage.

To be honest I've come to like Aimpoints better anyways, having a sight with the ability to be left on for 5 years is appealing if you are at all worried about a SHTF type scenerio.

Bluez

Full Access Member
I agree thats a great feature of the Aim points ( I sitll turn them off) and i carry a sapre aimpoint battery.

But they are red dots and not true holographics and I really think the visual performance ois better on the EOtech even if it comes out only at longer ranges.

and in a SHTF situation remember the AA is the most common battery in the world and you'll always be able to find a pair even with wide spread looting.
I used re chargables on my EOtech also.

Now since my eye surgery I have developed a slight liking of the EOtech over the aimpoijt , but i still LOVE the battery life an dlooks of the Aimpoint.

Members online

No members online now.