Graphic Video, Practice and Tactically Train Yourself

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
These ladies made way to many mistakes. They almost lost their own lives. I'm curious as to what calibers they were using and what ammo. I'm sure his jacket provided some protection if they used crappy ammo. Proof that bullet placement matters, caliber and ammo matter too. Bad guy had how many rounds in him and he's still putting up a fight. The older lady should have emptied that revolver. You don't fire 1 round and then wait to see if it's enough. And you damn sure don't allow a thug to get the close to you. Just to many mistakes. The young girl almost got her mother during the stuggle for her gun with the thug. I'm glad they were able to pull it off but sure hope they train and practice for the future.

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Liquor store clerks shoot armed robbery suspect, fight over gun | KOKH

Bluez

Full Access Member
Mistakes were made... but its still a good thing, both the outcome and the viral nature of the vid.
Drives home some points to the sheeple that need to be driven home now.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
In situations like this, even though I have a heart and do not want to see anything happen to them, it's kind of an in your face I don't feel sorry for you type of feeling I get for the sheeple. They're the ones who choose to be haters against the 2nd Amendment and those of us who do choose to defend ourselves. I don't even care what the sheeple think about this video.

What I do care about and hope comes of this video, is that those who do choose to arm themselves, will take the initiative to practice and train. I don't care if it's a friend like you or I. Some training is better than none and at least get the basics down like don't let ANYONE get to close to you. Don't shoot once and wait to see what the effect it has on the perp, you shoot til the threat is eliminated while trying to cover yourself at the same time.

I get people coming back from the range and they're showing me how proud they are of their target with this group and that group, and this bullseye. Until I burst their bubble. Ohhhh so you're worried about the black dot?!?!? Phuck that black dot !!! Where is your double tap practice target at and where is your 2 chest 1 head practice target? How many magazines did you take with you? How many mag swaps did you make? How many 1 handed reloads did you do? How many off hand single handed shots did you take? Huh??? What? Dude you're kinda rough, we were just having a good time. Well good glad you had fun. Remember how much FUN you had when you get into a self defense situation and the bad guy badly wounds you or kills you all while you let him get away. If you want to be a match shooter, then sign up but you better spend alot of money on getting your gun accurate so you can hit that black dot.

I do not claim to be an expert and I learn alot from others and scenario videos and such. When I go to the range, I will load 6 mags with 4 rounds each. Then I'll practice 2 double taps, mag swap, 2 double taps, mag swap, 2 double taps.... until all 6 mags are empty without stopping. And I'll do the same and load 6 mags with 3 rds. 2 chest, 1 head, mag swap, 2 chest 1 head, mag swap. Then I'll do single handed shots, off handed shots, 1 arm reloads with both hands, simulating I took a hit in an arm, hand, shoulder or a gut shot and holding one hand over my gut as if I'm holding a wound. So no, my groups are rarely all that close and I don't really care. So long as I'm keeping my mechanics sharp or as best that I can, and I'm keeping the shots inside the silohette target, the head shots are in the face or head, and I'm causing the bad guy to leak red stuff, then I happy with that. The black dot just doesn't matter to me.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
BTW, though I don't have many, I have saved a few bad rounds that didn't go bang. I've made damn sure that primer it dotted very well and dead. When I think about it or when I load mags for my daughter, I may load a dud round or 2 in the mags. This way you're learing how to handle FTFs while practicing. Normally just rack the slide and clear it out and continue or sometimes even just drop the mag out and swap in another and continue. I realize not everyone carries multiple mags. I carry at least 1 more fully loaded and usually 2 in a double mag paddle holster on my other hip.

Bluez

Full Access Member
BTW, though I don't have many, I have saved a few bad rounds that didn't go bang. I've made damn sure that primer it dotted very well and dead. When I think about it or when I load mags for my daughter, I may load a dud round or 2 in the mags. This way you're learing how to handle FTFs while practicing. Normally just rack the slide and clear it out and continue or sometimes even just drop the mag out and swap in another and continue. I realize not everyone carries multiple mags. I carry at least 1 more fully loaded and usually 2 in a double mag paddle holster on my other hip.

You can also buy snapcaps. They are very cheap and safer than duds.:handshake:

PS: Sounds like you train well..

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Snap caps would likely be much safer than trusting bad rounds. Those things just make me nervous.

I don't get to train near as often as I'd like, but when I do get the chance to go shoot, I do practice what matters rather than worry about black dots and groups. Believe it or not, when you practice the self defense mechanics often enough, accuracy does improve along the way too. Just don't be upset with yourself when you rapid fire 4-6 mags of 2 sets of double taps each, that you don't have a 1 inch grouping.

I don't get to hardly at all, but I do like to keep my 300 Win Mag accurate. With that I do worry about the black dot. It's to expensive to shoot alot and rapid fire and it's not for that purpose anyway. I like that one to be set up to reach wayyyy out there and touch someone if need be.

oppo

Full Access Member
Exactly, with my hunting rifles, I want ragged holes. With my handguns, I want to go from holster to an empty mag center mass as quickly as possible. Thugs don't stand around and wait for you to take careful aim.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Exactly, with my hunting rifles, I want ragged holes. With my handguns, I want to go from holster to an empty mag center mass as quickly as possible. Thugs don't stand around and wait for you to take careful aim.

Right. Black dots with hand guns only matter if you're match shooting. If the good guys will tactical train with follow up shots, double taps, 2 chest 1 head, mag swaps, jamb clears, 1 handed and off handed shots and reloads in the event you get wounded in a fire fight, then you'll have a huge advantage over the thugs. Most thugs are just point and shoot, no training, no practice. The only advantage they really have is that they don't care who they hit or kill. You or I in a situation, we see innocent people behind our target, we're not likely to take a shot unless we're in a hidden location with a good aim and feel we have a 99% chance of putting one in our target and it not go astray and hit an innocent bystander. This is also why scenario training is good.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I many times look and watch videos of convenience store shootings or armed robbery shootings and put myself in that situation. What would I have done? How would I handle that? And then figure if the shooter did this, what I'd do, if the shooter did that, how would I handle it? Then, what if there is 2 or 3 shooters? Just like this video posted above. Critique it as a learning experience of what NOT to do and what to do. I already knew as soon as I started watching, OMG, they've already screwed up and let that guy get to close. I also seen her take 1 shot and pause as if to be waiting to see the affect it had on him and if he needed another one. NEVER PAUSE until they've dropped and a weapon is NOT in their hand or within their reach. It's kill or be killed. What people don't realize is, most HAND GUN, I specify HAND GUN, most HAND GUN victims survive believe it or not. It's been awhile since I watched the Medic Training video for handling gun shot victims, but I think it's 80% survive provided they got medical attention and into an operating room in a reasonable amount of time. Those 20% that don't make it, most are probably head shots or possibly .45 at close range victims.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Took me a long time to find this. It's a lousy quailty video, but the audio is fine and the video is good enough you get the needed education out of it. Watch it when you have 33 minutes to spare. It's very enlightening and you'll certainly see why bullet placement and follow up shots are needed, and why you need to keep perp out of your hands on safety space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts