Got a Taurus PT111 millenium G2

Bluez

Full Access Member
For 200 Bucks,

runs great!!!:chewie:
Looks good!

Now what is a serviceable but inexpensive concealed holster for it?
(and whats a good open carry holster?)

Attachments

• 100_0724b.jpg
    100_0724b.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_0725.jpg
    100_0725.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0726.jpg
    100_0726.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 20

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I too picked up the PT140 G2 for $200. My local gun shop had them for $249 with a $50 Taurus rebate. How could you pass that up? Both calibers have been getting great reviews. Nary a hiccup out of either of them from what I've read. Very dependable. Which is exactly what you want from a carry gun.

I'm trying something different with this one. I've switched to Kydex. I found an IWB adjustable tension/cant kydex holster for it that also has an IWB magazine holster. The kydex is thinner than the leather. Just have to see if it rides right. If not I'll go back to the Tagua. They've been a good holster.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Got my kydex in. The great thing about kydex is if you don't exactly like the fit, you can tweak it with a hair dryer. The top edge of the holster would catch the safety switch as I tried to insert the gun in. A little heat from the dryer and I created a slight bow and now it doesn't catch anymore. I like the adjustability of the cant and the retention. Infinitely customizable.

The magazine holder was incredibly tight. Hit it with a little heat and form it to the magazine a little better and now it works like it was made for it. Well.... it was after I finished with it. I'm going to run this rig for awhile and see if I have any further comments or complaints about it. So far I don't see what's not to like about it.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Now at approx 3000 rds combined thru my 2 primary training Tauri (Tauruses?)
Still no issues except the occasional failure to chamber when inserting a fresh mag on a gun that was shot empty.

Seems to be happening less now as the guns are more broken in now.

I am still in awe of this unbelievable value.

Bluez

Full Access Member
I just figured something else about these pistols out that is awesome.

On saturday I took a pistol class and tried a modern grip method.
And I struggled on getting it right.. especially quickly on the MP9 which is my full size gun I use on a Combat Pistol Course.

Now as i take my PT111 G2 to dryfire at the house I discover the gun has exact dimples where my my left hand thumb needs to be to align ... (the left hand postion is what I struggled with on the range on Saturday as I tried to match the modern grip the instructor was offering.
And the left hands trigger finger wraps perfectly around the trigger guard.

Previously I had used my old school grip.. which is more of a revolver grip.
I was competent with that but I now discovered that the ergonomics for the modern combat grip are super good on the PT111 G2.

So now I struggle less assuming the grip I am learning because the pistol has a dimple exactly where both thumbs should go w/ modern combat gripping.
Amazing!!!

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I just figured something else about these pistols out that is awesome.

On saturday I took a pistol class and tried a modern grip method.
And I struggled on getting it right.. especially quickly on the MP9 which is my full size gun I use on a Combat Pistol Course.

Now as i take my PT111 G2 to dryfire at the house I discover the gun has exact dimples where my my left hand thumb needs to be to align ... (the left hand postion is what I struggled with on the range on Saturday as I tried to match the modern grip the instructor was offering.
And the left hands trigger finger wraps perfectly around the trigger guard.

Previously I had used my old school grip.. which is more of a revolver grip.
I was competent with that but I now discovered that the ergonomics for the modern combat grip are super good on the PT111 G2.

So now I struggle less assuming the grip I am learning because the pistol has a dimple exactly where both thumbs should go w/ modern combat gripping.
Amazing!!!

I'll have to investigate this on my PT140G2. I'm sure they're just the same but something I hadn't noticed before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts