Glock 43

kwo51

Full Access Member
Anybody on the fast track for the 43???? I will be in line as soon as I find it. Hearing that about the middle of april they should be in the stores.

Last edited:

doublestack

Prolly gonna be some sweet deals on used M&P Shields! But since I'm not a Glock guy, I'll keep my Shield...or strap on my G23 and wear a baggier shirt!:)

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
After seeing the specs for the G43, I am going to keep with my plan of getting a Shield for my new carry gun.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I suspect they will be both mine and my wifes new carry guns. Once the price settles down.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My local gun shop has them for $499. But there's a waiting list that they are working through. No, I'm not on it. Not really shopping for another Glock at the moment. Now if a Stainless Para Ordnance 12.45 Limited popped up it might catch my attention.

oppo

Full Access Member
glock4303.jpg

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Spent about an hour at the rental range yesterday shooting the Shield and G43 side-by side.
My intent was to put 50 rounds thru each pistol to determine my EDC purchase.

The session confirmed my desire to get the Shield. Both were nice pistols and I'm sure my decision is purely based on personal preference.

To me, the G43 is almost too small. I found myself "riding" the slide release so the gun would not lock open on the last shot. I couldn't find a hand position that alleviated the issue. Granted, I only shot a box of ammo and practice and training would probably alleviate the problem.
The trigger of the G43 also had a bit of creep. Again, for a carry gun, this would not be a big issue but it is worth noting.
The controls (mag and slide release) are also a bit too small for me. This is a personal issue due to a busted up thumb on my right hand. I have limited movement that makes it difficult to manipulate smaller controls. (I have problems with most Glocks as well as FNH and Kahr pistols)
The range said that both pistols had seen about the same round count, but the Glock still seemed much tighter than the Shield. You may make your own decision whether this is a good or bad thing, just thought I would mention it.

For me the Shield is the way to go. I became accustomed to it faster and it pointed and felt more familiar. The grip is a better shape, at least for my hands, and the trigger and recoil felt smoother. Only once did the slide not lock back on an empty chamber.
I found that the magazines were easier to load and they dropped free better. The G43 didn't always cleanly drop out. Again, this could have been my bad thumb not engaging the release with enough pressure compiled by the fact that the button was stiffer than the Shield.

I have also determined that I will probably go with the manual safety on the Shield. Despite the thumb issue, I was able to sweep off the safety easily while bring the pistol on target.

By the end, I was "stealing" ammo from the G43 to shoot the Shield. So my decision has been finalized. Gonna go see Jim at my local shop next week and see what his price will be.

The G43 is a great little pistol that would probably suit most people better as a true pocket gun...it's just not the one for me

kwo51

Full Access Member
I like the safety on the shield! Glock does not fit hand well, how does the xds 9 stack up to you guys?

Members online

No members online now.