Florida

kwo51

Full Access Member
Our senate is voting on open carry today I/29/16. There are other gun laws that are being heard like getting stand you ground back the way it should be.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Good luck. I hope someday that Constitutional carry goes into effect. Go anywhere in the US with your concealed handgun.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Fixed it for you. :waytogo:

Yes, I agree. Open carry anywhere without restriction. Any state. I also say that if you've gotten your CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) you can conceal carry just the same.

I really want to be able to say that you can conceal carry without a permit but I'm just not there yet. There is some peace of mind knowing that a concealed carrier has gone through the exercise of getting their permit. Yeah, I know that criminals conceal carry without doing any of that so my concerns are invalid.

Here I am arguing with myself again and I think I'm winning but maybe I'm not.

oppo

Full Access Member
Yes, I agree. Open carry anywhere without restriction. Any state. I also say that if you've gotten your CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) you can conceal carry just the same.

I really want to be able to say that you can conceal carry without a permit but I'm just not there yet. There is some peace of mind knowing that a concealed carrier has gone through the exercise of getting their permit. Yeah, I know that criminals conceal carry without doing any of that so my concerns are invalid.

Here I am arguing with myself again and I think I'm winning but maybe I'm not.
I do agree that if one of the options is going to require a permit, it makes more sense to require a permit for concealed carry. All the concern over open carry is nuts. Criminals are not going to open carry. Requiring a permit for concealed carry won't stop criminals from carrying concealed. That is obvious but it does accomplish one thing. It provides law enforcement the opportunity to change violent criminals when there isn't enough evidence of the actual crime. Of course, the vast majority of those are already felons anyway, so...

Arckadian

I know that a bill is being reintroduced here in Utah about constitutional carry. It has gotten close to passing, but never does. I wonder what will happen this time.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Stupid people will do stupid stuff. Open carry will get some weird o's . I might want to take my jacket off when eating in a restaurant when caring . Would still be concealed just not as well.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Dead in the water for now .Shot down by a anti gun republican. We are having a gun show here today and tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts