Finally finished the 7.62x39

oppo

Full Access Member
It was originally going to be a 6.8 but mainly because of ammo cost it ended up being a 7.62x39. It mostly a budget build does have a Geissele trigger. Now she just needs some irons or an optic.

20180605_000852_1.jpg

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
Ballistically, I like the 6.8 better but there is a lot to be said cheap and highly available 30 caliber rifle ammo.

The color isn't a perfect match but it is closer than it looks in the picture. The ASC magazine is extremely close to the magpul plastic. The upper is cerakote it is a little glossy which is exaggerated by the camera flash. The handguard is a Matrix arms and for $49, I am very pleased. The bcg is Toolcraft. I should have taken a close up but the dust cover and charging handle, which has an extended latch, have American flags and "We the people" on them. The barrel is a BCA I got On sale for $49. Depending on how it performs, I could always upgrade later and at that price, I won't feel bad about heating it up. The trigger is a Geissele G2. I still haven't really decided on an optic but it will soon be wearing a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10×50 I just picked up on sale for $149 and used a gift card toward. $100 pit of pocket was too good to pass up. Eventually, that scope will probably end up on my 270 or possibly my 17wsm.

oppo

Full Access Member
Took her out to the range today and overall, I am pretty pleased. I took some Tula, old Barnaul soft points, and steel cased Monarch that my local Academy carries. The Tula was a fail. Accuracy was less than the other two and inconsistent primer depth led to repeated failures to fire, even upon restrikes. The softpoints functioned 100% and accuracy was definitely good enough to hunt with. Conveniently, the Monarch was the winner. Typical 5 shot groups were 3-4 rounds into an inch with 1 or 2 opening things up but still 2 moa or less. I will consider that a win for a $49 barrel and steel cased Russian ammo. It is good enough for a plinker / hog gun. It also had little shift in POI and didn't open up as it heated up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts