Ex Marine saves woman at Raiders game

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
OAKLAND, Calif. — Police praised a football fan for saving the life of a woman who jumped from the third-level deck of the Oakland Raider's home stadium by breaking her fall.

The woman, who was not identified, was critically injured Sunday after plunging about 45 feet at the Oakland Coliseum. She jumped shortly after the Raiders' 23-19 loss to the Tennessee Titans and as fans were filing out of the stadium.

A good Samaritan who tried to break her fall was injured in the process, stadium officials said in a statement.

''He saved her life quite honestly, at his own expense,'' Alameda County Sheriff's Sgt. J.D. Nelson told the Oakland Tribune. ''This guy 100 percent saved her life. She'd be dead now.''

Nelson said the woman went to a seating area that was covered by a tarp and appeared to be alone when she jumped. The man who was on the concourse level saw her and repeatedly shouted, ''don't do it,'' Nelson said.

Nelson told KTVU-TV he lunged toward the woman as she dropped. He was knocked down and was taken to a hospital with serious injuries.

The man's name was not released. Nelson told the TV station he was a former Marine from Stockton and Raiders season ticket holder.

:favorites13:

armoredman

Full Access Member
That's that "football" thingie, right? Never did quite understand the attraction, and certainty couldn't dream of taking it so seriously to commit suicide for "my" team's loss.
Well done, Marine.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I am not that big of a fan of any team to lose my life over, good jod former usmc......get well soon to both.
Concealed 27

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
My bad...no disrespect meant I was unable to serve although its what I wanted to do..... I was scheduled to go in air force when I found out I had diabetes and was unable to enlist......
Concealed 27

armoredman

Full Access Member
No such thing as an EX Marine is what I was told.
BTW, wait for this chick to get out of the hospital and then sue him for violating her civil rights...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts