Eddie Ray Routh found guilty of killing Chris Kyle

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
A Texas jury has found Eddie Ray Routh guilty of murder in the killings of "American Sniper" Chris Kyle and Kyle's friend, Chad Littlefield.

The jury announced its verdict at around 9:20 p.m. local time (10:20 p.m. E.T.) at a Stephenville courthouse. They were given the case at 6:36 p.m. local time (7:36 p.m. E.T.).

Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty, and Routh was sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.

"We just want to say that we've waited two years for God to get justice for us on behalf of our son and as always God has proved to be faithful, and we're so thrilled that we have the verdict that we have tonight," Littlefield's mother, Judy Littlefield, told reporters after the verdict was read.

Routh, 27, admitted to killing both men at the shooting range of Rough Creek Lodge and Resort, southwest of Dallas, on Feb. 2, 2013.

Life in prison too good for this dirt bag..should of been sent back to that gun range and used as target practice..I am sure they would of been many volunteers to participate in his demise.

oppo

Full Access Member
Given their options, I am pleased with the jury's decision but wish the death penalty would have been included as an option. It is certainly deserved.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I just can't see what would justify his actions in his brain. Unless he had converted to islam.....

Arckadian

Depending on what happens in prison, either he will get what is owed in the can, or he will do it himself.

Members online

No members online now.