Democrats Seek to Ban Hunting Ammunition in Wisconsin

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
BUT, it still 2 good reads. It truely goes to show, these dumbass friggin idiots DO NOT even know what they're talking about.
And HELL NO the military DOES NOT use Hollow Point Bullets. The Police Depts damn sure do though. Why? Because the Police want to kill people. But that's a whole other subject.

Maybe these politicians need to do some research and understand what a NATO round is. Maybe they need to learn the significance of, "Full Metal Jacket" Hence the moive, Full Metal Jacket. I bet these idiots don't even know the purpose of a NATO round or a Full Metal Jacket.

Anyone else want to add their spill on what a NATO round is? Anyone ever see a military type bullet that was NOT a Full Metal Jacekted A Point??? I"ll let someone else explain that one.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
And I"ll add, maybe these idiot dumbasses ought to do a bit of studying on the Geneva Convention also.

These are the people we have making our laws guys, and they don't know this shit??? Yeah, it gripes my ass bigtime.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Full metal jackets are meant to maim (sp) or injure troops. That way you take him and another out of the fight that has to tend to his injuries

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Full metal jackets are meant to maim (sp) or injure troops. That way you take him and another out of the fight that has to tend to his injuries

EXACTLY Ranger. I didn't want to be the guy that comes across as the "KNOW ALL" It's intention is to WOUND the soldier, NOT KILL. Trying to make warfare somewhat humane and give the soldier at least a chance of survival. NO EXPANSION whatsoever.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
And since it's brought up for hunting, the reason some states REQUIRE No jacketed rounds, or soft points, or hollow points to hunt with, is the opposite. To limit the animal suffering, and/or running off and not put out of it's misery, they require a bullet to kill for hunting animals. But these guys were wanting to ban hollow point hunting rounds because the military used them??? Geeezus !!! Let's not let them know the difference or our hunting ammo will banned.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I don't think anyone would've taken it that way

The Geneva convention has quite a few messed up laws in it. I always tbought the one stating you can't paratroopers while they're parachuting down but you can shoot their equipment was odd. Hell every paratrooper is wearing equipment

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I don't think anyone would've taken it that way

The Geneva convention has quite a few messed up laws in it. I always tbought the one stating you can't paratroopers while they're parachuting down but you can shoot their equipment was odd. Hell every paratrooper is wearing equipment

You're right, but the point is, The Geneva Convention tries to make warfare somewhat humane. However, what about the countries that don't participate? Like using Chemical Warfare for example. How many leaders actually get prosecuted for it? I can think of 2 in recent times, Saddam being one of them and I do not recall what happened with that other dude and not real up on that one. Seems it was to do with the Bosnia situation. And I don't even recall his name.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yeah,how did that saddam guy end up?LOL

He ended up something like this....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IRAQ_SADDAM_sff_BAG127_20061230043850.jpg
    IRAQ_SADDAM_sff_BAG127_20061230043850.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 37

Arckadian

The Geneva Convention was a nice idea as long as everyone is playing by those rules.... but anyway.... I do not believe I have ever seen a non FMJ in the service, but I have seen a few variants on those FMJ's. Either the regular 5.56 rounds or the tracers. But I think the funnest FMJ I saw was the 22mm Bradley round.... maim nothing. That round will kill what ever it hits, if its flesh.

The people trying to ban the Hollow point rounds are as bout as knowledgable about bullets as they are about the particulars of Astrophysics. If something sounds dangerous then, by god, it must be bad and people can not have that. What they truely fail to relize is this. Those people that use those rounds know exactly what they were made for!! And if you guys remember that post that was put up here some time back about the morgue guy talking about how an FMJ can flatten out and a Hollow point can go right through a person..... Well it does depend on what you hit but the odds are more in favor of the hollow point flattening out then that FMJ.

But it seems to be just to much to ask that our elected officials actually look up what they are trying to ban and actually have any brain cells. They can spout off the tired old song about "Evil, Evil, EVIL weapons" but we know that it is not that 9mm's fault or that AR-15. Its the scumbag that is firing into the crowd that is evil.

kwo51

Full Access Member
556 tumble and ak47's lose stability at about 300 yards. Shotguns were used in Viet Nam . Nato is only for the honest warring nations. BS, the nukes on japan were pretty ruff. Making war safer is stupid, lets just not go.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
we are way off topic...but

The soviets found a nice little way around the FMJ stipulation of the Hague when they developed the bullet design of the 5.45x39mm round for the AK-74 series.
The actual bullet is flat-nosed, while the jacket continues to a point. This creates a small air-pocket between the bullet body and the jacket. When the high velocty round makes contact with flesh, the jacket collapses into the void and usually peels away from the bullet, effectively creating a hollow point and often another wound channel as the jacket goes one direction and the rest of the projectile goes another.

I've also seen gel tests where the thinner jacket of 5.56mm FMJs shed as they make contact, sending bits of copper jacket spiralling off in all directions.

Years ago, I saw a PBS program where they showed super slow motion video fo alll types of projectiles in gelatin, some with bones analogs included. The video of fletchette rounds hitting bone and bending as they continued thru made my skin crawl.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
556 tumble and ak47's lose stability at about 300 yards

All bullets tumble when they hit flesh. It's physics. Since the base of a spitzer type bullet is heavier than the pointy tip, the base retains more inertia and will trade places with the front.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
How about we make warfare fair, and rewrite the Geneva Convention, or simply add to it, you can't use IED's. ??? :shrug: Yes true, The Geneva Convention is only good for the nations who participate. Torture isn't tolerated either. But is waterboarding torture? Some say yes, some say No. No it's not putting needles in your eyeballs or burning your balls with a cattle prod, but it is obviously a technique used to persuade whether it be torture or not is another issue. So there you go, you can get around all of it if you really wanted to.

otasan

Full Access Member
Another important reason for using FMJ ammo

in military guns. They feed better into the firing chamber.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Police actions are not war,just political tag games played with bullets,and the cream of our youth. Old men getting young men (and now women ) killed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts