Christians In The Line Of Fire

priell3

Full Access Member

By Mark Rogers 12/05/2015

As you complain about what Obama is or is not calling the shootings in California, are you prepared or actively preparing to defend yourself and your family in case a similar event takes place someplace where you may go?

Do you keep so much as a handgun with you to defend yourself and your loved ones?

People of faith are dying right along with everybody else when mass shooters of any stripe decide to take aim. That can be specifically in places of collective worship such as churches or other Christian meeting places/events.

Or it can be in any school, college, shopping center, restaurant, movie theater, wherever. People die. Christians included. Christians who are the real deal, who pray, serve, prove what they are day after day, week after week.

They are nothing but part of the body count to murderers. Sometimes they are the preferred part of the body count according to what the murderous freak’s mindset and intention is.

Action Instead of Despair

That’s why Christians need to stop wringing their hands, stop quoting scriptures, stop holding hands and lighting candles.

Burying our head in the sand acting like it can never happen to us is a whimsical departure from reality. It’s time for us to lift up our heads from prayer long enough to actually do something to protect ourselves and others. We live on the same planet as the rest of the world. Legally protecting ourselves from random criminal assault is simply participating in civil law and order.

Not something that is prohibited Biblically.

It’s why Christians must arm themselves right along with every other citizen who doesn’t want to fall victim to the next incoherent, mindless shooting.

If I can arm myself discreetly and legally, providing possible protection from an active shooter, and I don’t, who shares in the blame when I, my family members, others nearby fall to bullets? When just by simply being ready, I might have saved all our lives?

What’s my focus at the moment? Gun control fights? Political battles?

No, getting people who understand what being armed means and the importance of it to quit thinking about it, talking about it, and actually getting them to DO IT!

Stop letting every issue under the sun keep you from acquiring and learning to competently use self defense firearms. Firearms that may be used to save you and/or your family and friends. To keep talking about all the issues surrounding gun ownership, keep fretting over what it means, keep spiritualizing the outcome, is to put off what might be necessary to save you or your wife or your kids or your friends or …….

Don’t act like a fragile child that ignores what’s going on all around them trying to deny reality. The world we live in may take your life while you waste time pondering it. For the most part, we have the tools we need to defend ourselves in America. Are you taking advantage of it?

Whether it’s from an individual maniacal, insane shooter, or now terrorists, it’s here with us and can show up anywhere. With terrorists showing up in our country, and being raised and trained right here, we aint seen nothin’ yet.

Businesses, churches, organizations that invite people to gather in numbers better be ready to provide sufficient armed security. That takes study, work, time, and money. But at this point it is irresponsible and unconscionable to not do so.

Individuals and families, get ready to defend yourselves now. Or just sit watching the news for the next shooting and body count, praying it doesn’t include you and yours.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Amen brother ! I have been saying this for 10 years. I left a church of 300 because only 3 of us did carry and we were not weak enough to be good sheep. Even the cops there did not carry to church. We did form a security team but the pastors thought God would always protect them.

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
That’s why Christians need to stop wringing their hands, stop quoting scriptures, stop holding hands and lighting candles.

BEST MEME EVER, after the mohammedan attack in Paris.

oFBRTWV.jpg

I'm a member of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod: a church that does not ordain women or homosexuals, and does not marry homosexuals either. Women may NOT hold church offices like President, Vice President, or Elder, since they CANNOT be in a position of authority over a man. We believe God verbally-inspired His inerrant, infallible, Holy Scriptures, and we preach, teach, & confess the same

OUR Pastor has his valid LTCF, and normally carries a 1911 on the hip, or a pocket J-frame .357 more discreetly around the church. He also builds his own AR-15's.
icon10.gif

If YOUR Pastor can't/won't do those sorts of things - and in fact, actively rails/preaches against them... well... maybe you're in the WRONG church!
icon11.gif

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I agree with the sentiment of the original post. Don't see why it only would apply to "Christians" though.

I'm a member of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod: a church that does not ordain women or homosexuals, and does not marry homosexuals either. Women may NOT hold church offices like President, Vice President, or Elder, since they CANNOT be in a position of authority over a man. We believe God verbally-inspired His inerrant, infallible, Holy Scriptures, and we preach, teach, & confess the same

That's hilarious....OH WAIT...You're serious??
:snoopfacepalm:

kwo51

Full Access Member
The lack of moral standards can be in any religion . Government can not legislate morals they were developed with the inception of peaceful coexisting. Without these standards this nation will not last much longer !!!!!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Not to get into another big theological debate, but I just find it amusing that religious dogma is used as an excuse to oppress half the population (women).

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
So, it's open season on Muslims, gays, liberals, and blacks; but it is not allowed to question anything about Christians?

I'm sorry, I didn't think they were so thin-skinned as to not enter a discussion into their beliefs.:boxed:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
So, it's open season on Muslims, gays, liberals, and blacks; but it is not allowed to question anything about Christians?

I'm sorry, I didn't think they were so thin-skinned as to not enter a discussion into their beliefs.:boxed:

No, that was my request for the good of the forum. I didn't want this conversation to turn into a :poop: slinging contest. But if y'all want to go down that road then have at it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Government can not legislate morality. Just because we make it legal does not make it right. Kill all the baby's you want , it is still MURDER.

Members online

No members online now.