Brought home another S&W today

Mockstar

Full Access Member
The cost of ammo in small quantities isn't really an issue for me. I just kind of like the idea of being able to use 2 different rounds with the same gun. This is the first gun I own that I actually have an option to do that with. (besides the Judge)
I haven't really searched into it too far yet....not sure if Id have to replace the ejector too or not. Its just something I was thinking about after I put my .40 rounds away, and actually looked again at how much safe space my 9mm was taking up lol. Then remembering how much I spent on it, and then realizing I'd be doing the same with another caliber.

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
My mags are stamped 40SW and 357sig. I'm betting Id have to replace thoes too. Either way........I'm thinking I can sneek a barrel in the house past the wife easier than I could a new gun. :secret:

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Bummer, I got my bad news. I wanted to get this M&P. Of course they haven't had one in stock for quite sometime, but I just called Cabela's in Ft Worth, since this is a Cabela's exclusive, and TX can not sell handguns to out of state residents. This really isn't a bad deal for $599. It comes in a nicer case, a holster and mag holsters. I'd have paid more just for the FDE. I guess I could always get the black one here for $519 and Duracoat the frame FDE and it appear the same. :shrug:

s7_217430_999_03

FFL dealers cannot sell to out of state residents. That's federal law, and has nothing to do with Texas. So much for it being a "federal" firearms license lol.

Duracoat is pretty good stuff, but just like anything else... it's all in the prep work. I haven't messed with the kits they sell, so I can't comment on that. I duracoat everyday so if you decide to go that route, let me know. I'll help you out as much as I can.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
My mags are stamped 40SW and 357sig. I'm betting Id have to replace thoes too. Either way........I'm thinking I can sneek a barrel in the house past the wife easier than I could a new gun. :secret:

Yes, to shoot the 9mm you would. But then you could get the .357Sig barrel drop in and do .357Sig. I'm not sure what you can get a SD9VE for in your state, they are $299.99 here. For $100 more you could just get another gun here, which you'd spend buying 2 more mags anyway. So maybe go for the 500rds of .40 ammo for now. Next big expense buy one of those baby brother SD9VE for your M&P40c.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
FFL dealers cannot sell to out of state residents. That's federal law, and has nothing to do with Texas. So much for it being a "federal" firearms license lol.

Duracoat is pretty good stuff, but just like anything else... it's all in the prep work. I haven't messed with the kits they sell, so I can't comment on that. I duracoat everyday so if you decide to go that route, let me know. I'll help you out as much as I can.

Cool, when and if I get the M&P and get ready to do that, I"ll hit you up. I'd hope there isn't much prep work on the polymer frame only.

I'll hit you up in another thread later about a Revolver that was neglected and could use a Re Blue. I think I'll cheap out and Duracoat it.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Called my cousin(Marine) in N.C. last week and told him to keep an eye out for one. He got it from someone he knew.

Now I just need a buddy down south to find another one......Wink Wink. Mags are nowhere to be found

Mockstar

Full Access Member
HR is in charge of finding me an X-grip for under $5 now..........:favorites13:

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
So my buddy texts me a while ago that he reserved 2 lanes on sunday at 1 o'clock....what'a DICK!! I'm on call till Monday!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
yeah, HR open your eyes...

I won't get them that cheap here. The best I've done is G22 mags for $24 and that was just 3 days after Sandy Hook. You're the one that works for S&W. You should get us all a deal.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Hell, mine is coming to an end after this order. we have been cut out since we dont work on the mfg side...really sucks.
Sequestration is hurting us all...:batman2:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Went to the range today. First 3 mags center mass, and one quick 10 round to the head. Put about 100 rounds thru the 40c without an issue.
DSCN1677_zps38363d1d.jpg

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Gotcha. Was just curious. After seeing your target I need more range time with my 1911 lol. Handguns are not my weapon of choice

Members online

No members online now.