Best States for Gun Owners

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Texas should be further down the list here soon. Starting Sept 1st it's only a four hour course to get your ccp.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member

Very need read about the quirky laws some states have... im in Florida and its great....if they ask me if I have any guns in the car I dont have 2 tell "no right to inform in Florida". But I show them my permit and tell them wrere it is I've gotten many a break alot. I do it out of respect. And they thank me...I don't drink and drive,no drugs, and I'm complely legal with everything Nothing to worry about. We are the Gunshine state!!!!
Concealed 27

Last edited:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Wife and I are planning to move to Arizona hopefully by next spring..time to semi-retire, enjoy some sun, maybe take up golf and go buy more guns. Washington State was ranked #40 and Arizona #1..no brainer for me.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Right in the middle...#25

I noticed that starting int he 30's or so states were getting pretty good.
Fact is the majority of states are still quite free and near the top of the list it might even be a wash between the top 10.

Just my 2 cents :)

cce1302

Full Access Member
Indiana should be much higher on the list, at least top 10. the list gives points to states that score higher for things that they don't do as well as we do.

They give points to Kentucky for their CCW covering all weapons. Indiana has constitutional carry for every weapon except for handguns. I.e. you need no license to carry/conceal a rifle, shotgun, knife of any size, etc.

They give points to several states for accepting 35 or 40 or 48 states' licenses. Indiana recognizes licenses from any state and from any foreign country.

They give points to states that "only" require a few hours of training. Indiana requires zero training, and our license is good for life, if you pay an extra $25.

Indiana does not require us to inform LEO we are carrying.

Indiana has a very strong local preemption statute.

Private sales are legal.

oppo

Full Access Member
I am sure they missed a lot. For example, in Texas, there are no restrictions on carrying long guns and even though CHLs only only cover handguns, the penal code specifically states that the laws on illegal weapons do not apply to anyone carrying a concealed handgun. We also now have laws in place to punish any official who posts (as off limits to CHLs) any public property and typical no gun signs are meaningless. Really, the only big nock is no open carry of handguns.

oppo

Full Access Member
I live in OOOOOOOOTah I wonder where that is on the list
Number 4 :waytogo:

Some of there numbers don't make much sense. For example, Vermont has no castle doctrine yet gets a 9 on castle doctrine just like Texas which does have a castle doctrine. In Texas, if someone enters your home without permission, even if the door is open, they are considered to have used force to enter your home and lethal force is justified.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Number 4 :waytogo:

Some of there numbers don't make much sense. For example, Vermont has no castle doctrine yet gets a 9 on castle doctrine just like Texas which does have a castle doctrine. In Texas, if someone enters your home without permission, even if the door is open, they are considered to have used force to enter your home and lethal force is justified.

Same in Florida lethal force may be used in unauthorized entry...... I hope I never have to but if i do I'm gonna have the upper hand I hope.......Concealed 27

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Happy to be in Free AZ!

Like this guy who keeps up the spirit of the Old West..two thumbs up!

motorcycle_holsters.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
That is one nice back breaker,I like the holster also. My hard tails are way behind me.

Members online

No members online now.