Anybody Do Any Reloading?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
What kind of equipment do you use? Is there really any savings after equipment and supplies or is it just a hobby?

Last edited:

Arckadian

I have a few friends that do reloads quite a bit and I did ask them about it. From what I gathered, reloading can save you money, but only with certain kinds of rounds. One of the big things I was told about was that you have to be very careful when packing in the powder or you could melt the blast cap. I actually saw that happen with my friends reloads when I was at the firing range with him. But keep in mind my info is second hand.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
I looked into it years ago .. I bought the powder which I still have,, But never went any further that that .... The machines make it look easy ... I will have to look into this again .. at least for 9mm,45mm and 223mm loads ...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've got my eye on a 12ga reloader here locally. It's not a progressive machine but it might be one to start out on and a lot better than the one I have now (none).

FYI - Progressive means with each pull of the handle it automatically rotates the carousel to each station of the reloader (ie. primer out, primer in, powder, wad, ammo, crimp). A non progressive machine makes you move the shell to each station yourself.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I still have 2 of them but the surgical tubing is dry rotted and needs to be replaced ... I have ammo for them also :D

That wouldn't be a bad prepper weapon. Able to hunt small game fairly silently if the need arises. That and a bow could be invaluable if you're trying to be stealthy.

Mine is probably out in the shop somewhere. I'll have to try and find it.

oppo

Full Access Member
I reload for everything but 22 lr and 12 guage. You can save money on any centerfire caliber, even 9mm. My 357 sig reloads cost me $6.50 per box of 50 not counting brass. Counting the cost of brass, it is still under $7.00 a box. That is considerably cheaper than even bulk reman or steel cased 9mm.

Did I mention those are also jacketed hollow points that I am loading for that price?

Do your homework and order in bulk and you can save a lot.

triangleman29

I do tons of reloading.. Here is my little set up.

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

Changed that press since that photo to a Rock Chucker...

Members online

No members online now.