40c or 45c?

SWSS

Full Access Member
:bleh: Yeah, forgot what thread I was in earlier...old-timers CRS.

I think I want the compact M&P. looking at the 40c or 45c.
Since i have the SD40VE and I am liking it, I may just spring a little more $$ and get the M&P45 full-size...I know you jokers have some thoughts, so let me hear them.

I also am thinking about the M&P22 to complement my little M&P22LR AR...

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Can I be biased toward the 40c even though I haven't shot it yet? :happy107:

I'd say get whatever is easier to find ammo for......

SWSS

Full Access Member
Sure! Either would be fine with me as I like shooting 40 and 45. I have plenty of 9mm pistols...As for the ammo the friggin 22 is an elusive ghost.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
no problems with either, the only thing id worry about is ammo...I have 2 40 calibers and am able to find ammo locally, however I never see .45...I guess it depends on your demographics....

SWSS

Full Access Member
no problems with either, the only thing id worry about is ammo...I have 2 40 calibers and am able to find ammo locally, however I never see .45...I guess it depends on your demographics....
yeah, for the overall $$ 45c may be my route.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Don't ask me, cuz I'll say get one of each !!! :shrug:

Around here you don't have a big choice on .45 ammo but it can be had and it's not rationed when they get it in since the shelves don't empty out in 5 minutes when they get it. Where as .40 Ammo you're limited to 1 box when you find it. 9mm and .22LR you next to never find unless you get lucky and find a 50rd box of .22LR and also limited to one box. Big Whoop. Load my 25rd mag 2x. Better than none at all though.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Get what leo's carry most in your area. 45acp makes bigger hole than 40. When the s--t hits the fan you will have to use what you take. Cover all bases.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Get what leo's carry most in your area. 45acp makes bigger hole than 40. When the s--t hits the fan you will have to use what you take. Cover all bases.

Kinda my thinking too. I've got plenty of 9mm's and .40's but I'd sure like to get a .45. Not so big on .357Sig, since it's not real common, but I do intend to have at least a .357Sig barrel. I don't want to have a butt load of firearms, and not have the proper ammo. SHTF, you'll take any and all ammo you can get your hands on, so you better have something to shoot it with.

So go with something you don't have yet.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Get what the LEO's in your area have. Caliber not gun.
yup. being a former RLEO, the majority carry .45. the little department i reserved with carried G21's...which is why I have one! our chief carrys a 1911!
Choices, choices....

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Only problem with the .45 and its why I dont have one anymore is ammo... I could not find it 2 Plus years ago and cant know. Im not gonna put SD loads in it and never shoot it..But thats JMHO, I have ammo now so im happy (.40)

Concealed 27:gr_guns:

Arckadian

I like my two .45's :D and I have plenty of ammo to get the job done for now...... Just want a few thousand more rounds though.... would make going to the range less of a problem

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I like my two .45's :D and I have plenty of ammo to get the job done for now...... Just want a few thousand more rounds though.... would make going to the range less of a problem

Yeah its pricey to shoot anymore, I pretty much quit going... I used to shoot at least once a week pistol and every now and then my AR. Its just so hard to come by ammo at a good price anymore..Sad but true....:Frustrated:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Yeah its pricey to shoot anymore, I pretty much quit going... I used to shoot at least once a week pistol and every now and then my AR. Its just so hard to come by ammo at a good price anymore..Sad but true....:Frustrated:
:word: sadly....

kwo51

Full Access Member
45 acp is easy to reload and forgiving where the 40 is not. 45 is on the low pressure side of ammo and there is lots of it in walmart here.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Screw it :hump:, for $30 bucks more I am getting this... 40 Range and Carry

Attachments

• 40CARRYANDRANGE.jpg
    40CARRYANDRANGE.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.