For the Smith guys..

Bluez

Full Access Member
I have chance to buy a very lightly used M&P PRO 9in 9mm (w/ the 4.25 inch brl) with the nite sights, or a equally lightly used standard M&P 2.0 in 9mm w/ the standard 4.25 inch brl.

Everything else is same such as number of mags included, price and/or rounds thru gun are nearly equal.

Thoughts?

oppo

Full Access Member
Unless I am mistaken, the pro also has a better trigger. I would think that and the night sights make it a no brainer if the prices are similar. The one and only "complaint" I have about my M&P is the trigger. I have been tempted to upgrade to the APEX Tactical trigger but since it is my EDC and perfectly functional, I have just left it stock.

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I hear you... I did hear tho that the MP 2.0 has a stiffened up lower receiver and better stippling.
And the 2.0 also has an improved trigger.. (not that I find anything at all wrong my my stock trigger in my M&P 1.0)
The stock stippling sometimes seems insufficient to me when my hands are sweaty..

The night sites are a biggie though..

The pro is supposed to have accuratized barrels.. but so is the 2.0 vs the 1.0

So it comes down 2.0: stiffened lower receiver, better stippling and 4 backstraps vs 3
PRO: Night sights (and this PRO gun seems to have aftermarket stippling but i dont know if for all 3 backstraps or just the one in pic..)

oppo

Full Access Member
I recently shot a shield 2.0 and the grip definitely has more texture to it and the trigger is a huge improvement all the way around. I have still never handled a pro but the trigger would need more than just a lighter pull weight to match the 2.0. Did you end up getting one of these?

Bluez

Full Access Member
I recently shot a shield 2.0 and the grip definitely has more texture to it and the trigger is a huge improvement all the way around. I have still never handled a pro but the trigger would need more than just a lighter pull weight to match the 2.0. Did you end up getting one of these?

I never did..
Life and the fact that I already own a 2 M&P 9s (albeit the Gen1) got in the way.

:artist1:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts