The glock thread.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
You guys make me want to buy a customize a Glock soooooo bad!

That's what's so good about glock. You can buy one and its a good shooter right out of the box. Then make it all your own with after market parts. Just don't go nuts and build your own lol. I have $1500.00 in my from the ground up glock. But the uesd G17 I keep by my side has only $100 bucks in it. (springs buffer and grip)

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
about the buffers, i've read both good and bad. But I fee llike if glock's really had a problem eating their frames Glock would install a buffer @ the factory?

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
about the buffers, i've read both good and bad. But I fee llike if glock's really had a problem eating their frames Glock would install a buffer @ the factory?

Theres no problem its just a little less forward recoil on the front of the frame. helps to line up your second shot a little for me.

Old School

I carried Glocks for the last 10 years I was on the job. G-19 then G-23 and finally a G-21SF.Box stock except for Pachmayr grip sleeves. All had OEM night sights.

Now retired I thought I wanted something a little different for CCW but still a Glock.
The EXO finish on the slide and barrel added a little "bling". The Pachmayr grip sleeve is an essential. OEM night sights and Golden Saber 230 gr. ammo and were good to go.
All carried in a High Noon Public Secret holster.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I would stay away from 3.5lb trigger... My reasons behind are simple. If you alter the amount of force used to pull trigger and you have to use that weapon to defend yourself, it might fall into a legal pit.Most LEOS carry glocks....with standard 5.5lb spring. I have alot of stuff on my Glocks but I personally would not mess with trigger poundage..JMHO I am not an Attorney these are just my thoughts on the post...Concealed 27

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
I would stay away from 3.5lb trigger... My reasons behind are simple. If you alter the amount of force used to pull trigger and you have to use that weapon to defend yourself, it might fall into a legal pit.Most LEOS carry glocks....with standard 5.5lb spring. I have alot of stuff on my Glocks but I personally would not mess with trigger poundage..JMHO I am not an Attorney these are just my thoughts on the post...Concealed 27

Still heavier than my 1911 trigger. Im comfortable with it. I also don't think that i could accidentally pull a 3.5 lb trigger (which its not even 3.5lb) easier than the 5.5. If anything Trigger discipline would be a lot more likely to be a problem than trigger weight. Or even why my gun was pointed if not intended to shoot. I appreciate your concern though

(if it were a hair, or 2lb trigger I would agree with you) hell, if it were really even 3.5 i might agree more

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Last edited:

otasan

Full Access Member
That does seem really nice, It says the kit drops down to 2lb trigger with adjustment up to 3.5lb with a stiffer spring. Do you thing a 3.5lb trigger is too light for a carry gun?
Edit: just read about the tactical option.
Is this trigger much different that the previous post? it's $20 more, and comes in fancy colors
Fulcrum Trigger Bar

Yes, a 3.5 lb trigger is a bit too light for most people. Folks should know that the trigger finger should be OFF of the trigger unless it needs to be pulled.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Folks should know that the trigger finger should be OFF of the trigger unless it needs to be pulled.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTalnzcO0xk&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Clip - Black Hawk Down - This is my safety - YouTube[/ame]

kwo51

Full Access Member
Ya and if you are a Marine in Afghanistan back in the secured area gun unloaded.BS BS BS .Viet Nam all over again.Not as many dead just blown apart Heroes.

Members online

No members online now.