morning.........

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Oh I know exactly where the money is going, and who it is funding - I just don't want to say it on a public forum. In my line of work nothing is private and everything is discoverable in court, and words can be easily misinterpreted or twisted around to make you look bad. :rolleyes:

Roger! 10-4, over and out.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
That was sarcasm gents. ;)

You guessed right, I just thought it was funny because the only people I hear talking like that anymore are truck drivers. By and large, most departments use plain-speak on the radio these days.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
I wouldn't call it getting lax, I would call it eliminating a potential point of error. Theres no rule that dictates how we have to talk. Talking normally is much less confusing than making people memorize a bunch of 10-codes and gobbledygook. Some departments still use 10-codes though, alaska state troopers for example. Have you ever seen that show and heard them talk on the radio though?

"I'll be 10-6 from 10-2 with the 10-20 subject, other units can remain 10-19" :wtf:

English.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That was sarcasm gents. ;)

You guessed right, I just thought it was funny because the only people I hear talking like that anymore are truck drivers. By and large, most departments use plain-speak on the radio these days.

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across so well when written but I knew what you were saying. I listen to the scanner every once in awhile and my local police still use 10 codes heavily. Very little word usage except for names etc. I use to be able to keep up but I've got to keep a cheat sheet near by until I become fluent in 10 speak again.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
There are certain things that we still use 10-codes for, just for officer safety issues, but by and large we don't use them anymore. Each department has it's own radio lingo so I'm sure it varies heavily from state to state.

Members online

No members online now.