Conceal Carry

impman12

i have carried my Taurus 709 and fired about 500rnds thru it no problems. i carry a ruger lc9 now about 300 rnds no proubs like the ruger better over the taurus

ViperJeff

Administrator
Small side note:

In the 1 day between when my Son turned in his paperwork for his CC and I turned in my paperwork for my CC. We got our permits 1 day apart, there were 516 Utah Conceal Carry Permits issued in that 1 day

Ya-Hooooooooo!!!!!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My wife went shooting for the very first time today.

I think I'm in trouble.

2012-11-03_20-04-32_764.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I calll that perfect for kill shots. I wouldn't change a thing if I were her. Aiming for the center and getting the left tit, that's a deadly kill shot to the heart. She needs to keep doing EXACTLY what she's doing.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
She was ripping through the clips too. I kept thinking that I wish she'd slow down a little and take a little better aim. But I didn't say a thing. Didn't want to be her next target.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
My wife went shooting for the very first time today.

I think I'm in trouble.

2012-11-03_20-04-32_764.jpg
She did that?!
Very nice!!

She is heeling with her right hand, but if you are going to miss the bull, that's pretty good direction to be off...

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
For what it is worth when I carry with belt clip no cover over trigger I carry condition 2.

armoredman

Full Access Member
I am all for open carry. But, I still think you should have to prove that you are proficient and understand how to safely carry.
Completely, utterly DISagree. It's the same as mandating the literacy test to vote after the Civil War. Putting it in modern terms, it would be the same as requiring you to pass a government mandated test prior to posting on the internet.
Arizona has had open carry for over 100 years with no tests, licensing, registration, etc., and it seems to have worked pretty well. We're a Constitutional Carry state now, which means no permit, license, training, testing etc., required to carry openly or concealed.
I am sorry, but the ONLY thing I would mandate is safety/marksmanship training in school, similar to the Arizona Gun Safety Program, which requires range time to pass.
As for what I carry, CZ SP-01 Phantom in a High Noon Down Under IWB holster with a High Noon Rock Steady gun belt.

DownUndertwomonthslater.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
There was a time we had a moral, self governing society.Where people were responsible for their actions.Have a gun you learned to use it safe,people were responsible for their own actions.This in not what we have in today's world.Some moron calling the NRA the KKK.Well that makes the NAACP the black panthers.War ( what is it good for)? Making room!

KKing

Full Access Member
I carry my Kel-tec PF9 IWB at around 4 o' clock. Friend of mind just got a XDs .45 that has me seriously considering moving to a 45 caliber for carrying

ViperJeff

Administrator
Completely, utterly DISagree. It's the same as mandating the literacy test to vote after the Civil War. Putting it in modern terms, it would be the same as requiring you to pass a government mandated test prior to posting on the internet.
Arizona has had open carry for over 100 years with no tests, licensing, registration, etc., and it seems to have worked pretty well. We're a Constitutional Carry state now, which means no permit, license, training, testing etc., required to carry openly or concealed.
I am sorry, but the ONLY thing I would mandate is safety/marksmanship training in school, similar to the Arizona Gun Safety Program, which requires range time to pass.
As for what I carry, CZ SP-01 Phantom in a High Noon Down Under IWB holster with a High Noon Rock Steady gun belt.

DownUndertwomonthslater.jpg

To a point I agree, however, I think any smart gun owner will take the time to do the training without being forced. You really can't teach the level of proficency and safety in a 1 or 2 day class. For me it is a every day program for the rest of my life. it's something that I want to do, want to learn and be as safe as I possibly can.

Once could say the same about driving, I'm sure most of us passed the written and driving portion of the test. I'm also certain that most of us have seen people on the roads.... doing everything wrong.

Some drivers never learn, the same can be said about gun owners. I just don't want to be one of those idiots, so practice.. practice... practice.... it is

Oh, love the way that conceal carry looks, bet it fits like a glove :)

Members online

No members online now.