Conceal Carry

Arckadian

What weapon would you use as a conceal carry? Do you have a preference or is one weapon as good as another to you?

Me personally.... I went though several choices and finally settled on the Springfield XD-S. Primarily for the size and the caliber of the weapon. I want a weapon that is fairly easy to conceal but has the ability to stop whatever I am aiming at. The trade off I made was the fact that this weapon only holds 5 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe. My view is that IF I need to use a weapon and I need a massive amount of rounds.... the odds of survival might be a moot point unless I have a ton of mags :p :). Besides if you know how to use a weapon one shot should be all you need.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
You've got to go with something compact and comfortable to carry. If it's not compact, it'll print (show) and others will be able to tell you're carrying. If it's not comfortable, you won't carry it and that will defeat the purpose of having a CCW. Even a .32 or 380 deterrent is better than no deterrent at all.

Arckadian

You've got to go with something compact and comfortable to carry. If it's not compact, it'll print (show) and others will be able to tell you're carrying. If it's not comfortable, you won't carry it and that will defeat the purpose of having a CCW. Even a .32 or 380 deterrent is better than no deterrent at all.

That is why I picked the XD-S. Unlike the XDM its a single stack mag not a dual stack so the width of the weapon is only 1 inch.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
What weapon would you use as a conceal carry? Do you have a preference or is one weapon as good as another to you?

Me personally.... I went though several choices and finally settled on the Springfield XD-S. Primarily for the size and the caliber of the weapon. I want a weapon that is fairly easy to conceal but has the ability to stop whatever I am aiming at. The trade off I made was the fact that this weapon only holds 5 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe. My view is that IF I need to use a weapon and I need a massive amount of rounds.... the odds of survival might be a moot point unless I have a ton of mags :p :). Besides if you know how to use a weapon one shot should be all you need.

Never count on the 1 shot is all you need in fire fight situation. I prefer the Colt Commander .45 for comfort and stopping power , with at least 2 extra Mags. with hollow points .

Arckadian

hehe I was actually thinking of the military when I mentioned the one shot thing. One of the things they make you say over and over in the service is "One shot, one kill." Now that may not be the reality, but it is not a bad thing to strive for. And I believe that in the military all it meant was practice makes better and you always have a chance to improve.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Currently my only firearm...

My Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP

I carry it in a Remora size 12 w/sweat shield and tuckable. Pics to come...

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Pics of my holster, and how I wear it...

Tucked in: Where is it?
photobucket-14237-1349029021978.jpg

Untucked:
photobucket-31388-1349029074669.jpg

Revealed:
photobucket-14652-1349029048713.jpg

The Remora:
photobucket-22335-1349029157833.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
How do you sit down with the rig in place? I've tried carrying a .45 on my side IWB Hybrid but it's just too darn uncomfortable. Keeps jabbing me in my side.

Arckadian

becareful with that weapon where its at..... it can change your religion VERY quickly :p

I have an inner pant holster right now for my XDS... it is a Galco Gunleather inner pant holster for the XD compacts.... Me having gained a bit o weight has made many of my pants just to damned small at this point to wear it so no pics at this time until I can get rid of the skinny kid pants and get the fat guy cloths.... Boat sails HERE I COME!!

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
How do you sit down with the rig in place? I've tried carrying a .45 on my side IWB Hybrid but it's just too darn uncomfortable. Keeps jabbing me in my side.
It's not too bad. Took a little getting used to, but I adjust when I need to.
I wear it in back (About 5:30) sometimes too. Especially if I know I will be doing a lot of sitting.

I want to stay with the IWB because I don't wear a lot of long button down shirts. But who knows, maybe I will become one of those that dress around the gun. :eek:

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
becareful with that weapon where its at..... it can change your religion VERY quickly :p

I have an inner pant holster right now for my XDS... it is a Galco Gunleather inner pant holster for the XD compacts.... Me having gained a bit o weight has made many of my pants just to damned small at this point to wear it so no pics at this time until I can get rid of the skinny kid pants and get the fat guy cloths.... Boat sails HERE I COME!!

Yes! I keep that in mind at all times! Man! Would my wife be pissed! :eek:;)

Arckadian

I wear button up shirts and slacks all the time myself.... so for me to dress around the weapon would be easy since the cloths I wear already would make it much easier..... also I tend to wear my Austrailian Duster everywhere. So as far as that goes I have enough concealed areas to conceal MANY weapons should I wish to.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Went for an under the arm pit and anywhere else with my size ..... makes it hard to sit in just about any seat

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
Large frame carry

I carry my Sig P229 .40, when you carry a larger firearm, you carry it where it will show the least, some carry on the hip, some in the small of the back, and some carry it at the appendix. But wherever you carry it, wear the clothes which will show it least. I do not know anyone who carries a large frame pistol while wearing bermudas and a T-Shirt. Dress for the weather, and for Concealed Carry. I carry my full size Sig in the small of my back, with a shirt covering, no one can see it and it doesn't print unless I do something that tightens the shirt at my waist.

Members online

No members online now.