What does every one think of Tango Down mags?

Bluez

Full Access Member
What do people think of Tango Down magazines?

Even though I own about... uhm maybe 40 Pmags ( half and half Gen 2 and Gen 3) I just bought a Tango down ARC magazine today.

And it feels STRONG.

Feed lips thicker than the gen 2 Pmags and about same as Gen 3 Pmags and TAPCO ( which are also thick.)

Follower looks nice and has multiple holes.
Entire follower feels smooth and polished.

its avery subtantial magazine.

Does anyone have an opinion of them?
They cost twice as much as a new PMag Gen 2..

Bluez

Full Access Member
Here are some pics.

Sorry I didnt take any of the follower but I was too lazy to take all the ammo out.
The folower is real nice though, edged seem smoothed out.

Mag is between 18.50-24 USD in the 30 rounder.

A new tactical shop opened at the PX. I was surprised to see such a shop open since the gov't "clothing and sales" sells tactical gear as well, wiht the advantage of volume suppliers.

So I figured for a private seller to be successful they must be good.

So I decided ot check 'em out and baught a magazine and a pair of tactical gloves.

Attachments

• 100_0581.jpg
    100_0581.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0582.jpg
    100_0582.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0583.jpg
    100_0583.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0584.jpg
    100_0584.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0585.jpg
    100_0585.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
They look awful nice, I'm a pmag guy myself..... Gen 2 and 3 I have 8 mags with no problem ever with feeding or jams....let us know how u like them please.......Concealed 27

Bluez

Full Access Member
never used one, if it is twice as much as a PMag, is it twice as nice?

I dunno.... It's certainly nicer but not sure about twice as nice..

PS: The manager of that shop shows he doesnt stock PMags be cause they failed him on a deployment. not sure how much stock I want to put in that given that Tango Down was the only mag he was selling...but any magazine can fail at some point and Pmgas certainly have a good reputaion...

But I am always a bit of acontrarian and if everyone has Pmags I will check out somehting else :D
maybe also try a Lancer soemtime..

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
BTW.. It's only a sample of one so take this with a grain of salt but I started using the Tango down Mag and as strong as it is, I get failure to lock the bolt to the rear on last round with it about 50% of the time

Bluez

Full Access Member
And yet another update:

-Shot it today with my LWRC M6A2 no problems at all.
I like these mags and was gonna buy more but it seems they and my sig 516 dont seem to mix well, but the tango downs seem to work well with LWRC

Bluez

Full Access Member
Update:
Today I tried that same Tangodown that wouldnt lock the bolt back in my Sig516 on my buddies RRA and it worked fine.

Summary: works fine in LWRC, RRA not in Sig 516

Members online

No members online now.