Weapons Training and you?

Arckadian

I for one and a major advocate for safety training when it comes to firearms of any kind. I think that the more you know, the safer you become. I am curious to see what other peoples opinion are in this matter. As I said for me personally, safety first.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Safety 1st without a doubt . My training started when I was very very young, at home in the basement with a BB gun shooting range my Dad set up. We had very strong rules to follow and supervision . He had us join the NRA and do the qualifying program for for 15 ft BB guns.. I got to the distinguished expert level ans NRA certificates where given .. I still have mine in a frame :)

Arckadian

I have a friend that is also an NRA member. He told me about some competions that they do. It sounded like fun, and if I remember right, you could do Pistols, Shotguns, and rifles. That is if I remember right.

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
The NRA Standard for Firearms is Attitude first, you must have a positive Attitude towards firearms, you must believe that Firearms themselves are not evil, Once you have the Attitude, then you must gain the Knowledge, for you will never gain a useful knowledge of something you are afraid of. Once you gain the Knowledge, then you must use that knowledge to develop your skill. Once you have the skill, you will look for more knowledge to improve your skill. I am an NRA Member, I am an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor. I promote the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program.http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/marksmanship/qualbook.pdf#page=8

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
The NRA Standard for Firearms is Attitude first, you must have a positive Attitude towards firearms, you must believe that Firearms themselves are not evil, Once you have the Attitude, then you must gain the Knowledge, for you will never gain a useful knowledge of something you are afraid of. Once you gain the Knowledge, then you must use that knowledge to develop your skill. Once you have the skill, you will look for more knowledge to improve your skill. I am an NRA Member, I am an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor. I promote the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program.http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/marksmanship/qualbook.pdf#page=8

Good info .... :)..... Now how do I get all those patches and medals .... I only have the certificates from way back when ?????

Last edited:

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
As an NRA Instructor, I definitely believe in Safety first! I continually train myself and work on safety constantly.

I teach about 750 people annually at work, and get critiqued that we should shorten the course for those that have been through it already. The answer from my boss is always a resounding "NO". We go over safety, shooting fundamentals, and shooting positions and then the shooters get a range safety briefing again in the classroom, and another reminder at the range.

Safety, safety, safety...

I index so much, that I automatically index on the gun controller from my Playstation 3!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
What not to do .... Put a gun in the hands of someone like these people ! WTF is right ! There is a reason for training !
http://youtu.be/HXfg5o1ZVq4
It's video exactly like this that I was talking about on another thread. These women were set up for injury. The guys behind the camera knew exactly what was going to happen. It's NOT funny to knowingly set someone up to hurt themselves. You don't start someone out with the biggest, baddest, hardest hitting gun. You work them up to it IF they want to get that advanced. They first must get comfortable shooting lesser weapons. Stupidity gone wild in that video.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
It's video exactly like this that I was talking about on another thread. These women were set up for injury. The guys behind the camera knew exactly what was going to happen. It's NOT funny to knowingly set someone up to hurt themselves. You don't start someone out with the biggest, baddest, hardest hitting gun. You work them up to it IF they want to get that advanced. They first must get comfortable shooting lesser weapons. Stupidity gone wild in that video.

Without a doubt .. It surprised me to find so many idiots making these types of video's and posting them on U-TUBE ......:mad:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Without a doubt .. It surprised me to find so many idiots making these types of video's and posting them on U-TUBE ......:mad:

When I said, "Stupidity gone wild", I didn't mean the girls. I meant the idiots behind the camera. Most of the girls had no idea what was about to happen. I'm guessing some of the girls were "girl friends" of the morons behind the camera. After something like this, how could they trust their so called boy friend after being set up that way. Somebody treats me like that and I'll have nothing to do with them ever again.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
When I said, "Stupidity gone wild", I didn't mean the girls. I meant the idiots behind the camera. Most of the girls had no idea what was about to happen. I'm guessing some of the girls were "girl friends" of the morons behind the camera. After something like this, how could they trust their so called boy friend after being set up that way. Somebody treats me like that and I'll have nothing to do with them ever again.

I understood what you were saying ...;)

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
As an NRA Instructor, I definitely believe in Safety first! I continually train myself and work on safety constantly.

I teach about 750 people annually at work, and get critiqued that we should shorten the course for those that have been through it already. The answer from my boss is always a resounding "NO". We go over safety, shooting fundamentals, and shooting positions and then the shooters get a range safety briefing again in the classroom, and another reminder at the range.

Safety, safety, safety...

Indeed, Safety First, in my NRA Classes and my Concealed Firearms classes I stress safety, Safety first begins with the Attitude. I must also say, Kudo's for not shortening your class because of prior training, for people, who have vast and long experience with guns, forget about safety after a time because they "Know what they are doing with a gun".

oppo

Full Access Member
Safety first, always. There is no excuse for unsafe handling of a firearm. Also, people need to forget the term accidental discharge. There is no such thing. The correct term is negligent discharge.

kwo51

Full Access Member
The worst sound from a weapon is snap when it should go boom or boom when it should go snap. Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts