TulAmmo review

Bluez

Full Access Member
This weekend I attended an excellent combat Rifle course at MaxVelocity Tactical in the hills of West Virginia (detailed review coming up soon).:hunter:

In the course of this weekend, I fired 500 rds of TulAmmo and 60 rds of brass cased thru my LWRC M6A2

To make matter more interesting prior to this weekend I had fired 500 rds of quality ammo w/o cleaning the rifle.:naughty:

Then I fired 500rds of TulAmmo on the weekend and also my last rounds fired on the weekend were 2 magazines of brass cased.

Observations:

The Tulammo function flawlessly, had not a single stoppage of any kind despite these 2 factors:
- The gun wasn't clean to begin with
- I fired more brass cased ammo <after> ,my steel cased , which is said to be the worst way to do it (since the TulAmmo and other russian steel cased are very dirty ammo the chamber is now too tight for brass according to some..)
- Still no extraction problems!!! :patriot:

This brings to a total of 3, the AR's I owned and fired hundred of round with TulAmmo and had no problems at al,l not even a single one:
LWRC M6A2, Delton 416, LMT MRP CQB .

Over the weekend I observed another individual using exclusively steel case ammo (again Tula , which is reputed to be "the worst" of the steel case) on his Delton 316 and he also experienced no stoppagse the entire weekend that I am aware of.
Also firing approx 500 rds

Just thought I'd share:happy160:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Interesting, I think it gets gets a bad wrap due to how dirty it is, I never had any problems with it going bang and extracting in my Glocks. Just hard to clean barrel that's all IMO. Glad to hear you went to a training course there always fun..........
Concealed 27

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Thanks for the review. I have shot some steel case ammo but never Tula and not enough to really have an opinion. I have probably shot more 9mm in steel case then anything.

Thanks again!

kwo51

Full Access Member
How much full auto did you shoot? The only thing I have heard was the varnish would heat up and get in the chamber.Sometimes gumming them up. They have shot well for me also.

STF

Full Access Member
I shoot Tula and other steel case stuff all the time without issue. My 22LR conversion makes it dirty as shit though.

What rifle are you shooting?

Bluez

Full Access Member
How much full auto did you shoot? The only thing I have heard was the varnish would heat up and get in the chamber.Sometimes gumming them up. They have shot well for me also.

Zero full auto shooting :)

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Steel cased ammo seems to work fine in some ARs and not so well in others. I know guys that run it all the time, and others who report problems with it.

The only issues I have ever witnessed personally was a broken extractor, which may not have been attributed to the ammo.

The other is a buddy's RRA Carbine that will just not run any steel cased ammo reliably. Lots of extraction failures along with poor accuracy. It is biblically reliable with brass cased fodder but just pukes when fed the steel stuff.

I shoot steel exclusively through my DR200, but that's a bit of a different species from the AR

kwo51

Full Access Member
Some ranges won't let you shot them because they keep all the brass and don't want the mix up. I have seen somewhere that they can be reloaded.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Some ranges won't let you shot them because they keep all the brass and don't want the mix up. I have seen somewhere that they can be reloaded.

very true to both.
The excuse on the ranges is that the bullet is bimetal and so may sprak and cause fires.

I agree its mostly an excuse to get the brass .
At 10 cents a round of brass u fire 200 rds thats like an additional 20 dollar payment to the range.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I use steel case ammo (Herters) in the AK and (wolf) M-11. I haven't run any AR yet, but I'm sure it'd work just fine.

Bluez

Full Access Member
At my range they let you pick it up.
Its just that they insist you only shoot brass.

As we are a urban area no one has the room for a work room in his apt to reload.
So its a nice extra income for the range.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
The ranges I use let you sweep, fire then pick up your brass and only your brass. If they didn't then I would shoot elsewhere. The issue generally is when you start picking up brass that is not your's.

Members online

No members online now.