Tried some rental guns today

oppo

Full Access Member
I actually got off work at a decent time today and decided to stop by the range. I wanted to see if they had an M&P 380 for my wife to try later. I was also thinking about trying a CM9 again to upgrade my pocket gun. They sold their CM9 and don't currently have an M&P 380 but are supposed to be getting one shortly. While I was there I shot the little Taurus 738 that I pocket carry at work and tried a few of their rental guns. I started with a shield 2.0 in 9mm. It is definitely an upgrade over the original and the trigger is considerably better. I really liked it. After trying a few others, I shot a Sig P365. It is a double stack 9mm that is not much bigger than my little 380. It is much smaller than the shield and easily small enough for pocket carry yet feels larger in the hand than it actually is and shoots like a much larger gun. I was highly impressed and definitely need to get one. This thing will make a fantastic carry gun.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The P365 sounds a lot like the Taurus PT111/PT140 G2. Both of those are very concealable and still pack a 10+1 (140) 12+1 (111) capacity. I saw that the price on the Sig is $499. I bought my PT140 for $200. So if you haven't tried the Taurus, give one a try. They are getting very good reviews.

Next time I'm in my local gun store, I'll have to see how the Sig feels.

oppo

Full Access Member
maxresdefault.jpg

Next to a Glock 43 for comparison

oppo

Full Access Member
Well, after waiting about as long as I can stand and getting some new gun funds for Christmas, I pulled the trigger on a new P365 and one of the 12 round mags to try out. Now, I just have to wait for it to be delivered to a local ffl.

tenor.gif

oppo

Full Access Member
I found this image with an LCP that really highlights just how small the gun is.

365-9-BSS-Comparison-05.jpg

oppo

Full Access Member
Thank you! Right now, she is sitting in an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.5 IWB holster. This is definitely a comfortable combination and the night sights are plenty bright. I also have a crossbreed pocket holster on order. Obviously, I won't pocket carry the gun until it arrives but it does fit easily in a pocket.

oppo

Full Access Member
I got off work a little early today so I snuck by for a quick stop into range and went through another 335 rounds. This little pistol shoots really well for such a small gun. I drew and fired from the holster a few times. The draw isn't quite as fast as my M&P but still pretty quick. With the 12 rounders, I consistently put 12 aimed shots on target in right at 2 seconds. I figure that is a pretty effective rate of problem solving and not bad for a little micro 9.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Rental guns are a great tool to try another class of firearms to decide if you want to invest in a new platform :)

oppo

Full Access Member
Just got back from the range and put another 400 rounds through the P365. That puts it over a thousand rounds with no issues. Have I mentioned that I like this thing?

oppo

Full Access Member
zcepBe1h.jpg

Only 6 yards but this was 36 rounds rapid fire, not quite full speed but pretty quick.

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
Thats very very good for rapid fire.
Of course at 6 yrds I can make a tighter group but not in rapid fire.... :guile-1:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That looks about like my grouping when I went to qualify for my CCW. I forgot what the distances were but we started close and them moved back twice. Shot 10 rounds, moved back. Shot 10 more rounds and moved back again. Then shot the 10 final rounds. Used my Ruger P85 9mm. I just seem to be able to naturally point that gun.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts