Traveling through DC

JJP71584

Am I legally allowed to transport my 9mm pistol in my vehicle (ammo and gun in separate compartments) through DC? I have my CC permit from PA and we're traveling to North Carolina thru DC and I'm trying to figure if this is legal, the law is unclear from what I've read.

oppo

Full Access Member
Yes, the law is clear but I would fill up just before entering DC and not even stop for a piss break. DC, like a few other places has shown it doesn't respect the law or the rights of citizens.

oppo

Full Access Member
JJP731851 said:
So if we were planning to stop for a day to see monuments, leave the pistol at home basically

Unfortunately, yes. If you are stopping in DC to see monuments, that stop would then be the destination and you would be subject to DC's ridiculous laws.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
And make sure you don't have any bullets or even empty cartridges in the car. If for some freak reason they search your car and find anything.....ANYTHING gun related your goose is cooked. Play it safe and just don't take it and clean out the car.

I have a friend that took a gun into DC once. He left it in the car, in the hotel basement parking garage. And that's where it stayed for the duration of his trip until the day they left and continued on with his journey. Fortunately there were no traffic violations etc. so he wasn't stopped and checked over. It's Russian roulette.

Bluez

Full Access Member
They are usually forced to honor the Fed law and allow cannot succesfully preoscute you for the gun.
They will still prosecute but the fact that you are legal will be an "affirmative defense"

BUT they do NOT consider bullets to fall under the federal law since it does not mention them

They WILL prosecute 100% of the time for ANY bullets found + you may see jail time.

just use 495 to drive around DC, its stays outside city limits

kwo51

Full Access Member
Criminals in the white house will not allow it . Don't take a chance unless you have lots of money and want to make a statement.

JJP71584

I ended up leaving it at home...disappointing...at our nation's capital I can't do something that is my God given right

oppo

Full Access Member
I ended up leaving it at home...disappointing...at our nation's capital I can't do something that is my God given right

It is truly sad that the place in this country where our rights are most trampled is the place that should be a beacon for freedom.

Actually, sad isn't the right word. Infuriating is.

Members online

No members online now.