Thoughts on Glock 22

KerrsLight

Hey guys,

First post here. So I'm about to get either a 43 or Shield 9 for concealment. I've also got a 23, but not my favorite to carry. I've never shot the 22, but since I have big hands, I would assume it would feel much better in my hands than the 23 would. For handguns, I currently only have a 23, so my handgun collection is very small. I'm after something that is full size and not compact, so the 22 got my attention. Those of you that have one or have shot them, what are your thoughts on it?

I would also be asking what else you guys recommend, but I can get LEO discount on Glock, so I'll be keeping it in the family for now.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting a lot of useful information on these forums.

kwo51

Full Access Member
G27 0r 26 ,43 is to small for large handed people IMO try a 1911 !!!!!! Welcome research our old posts.

KerrsLight

Thanks for your input. I understand that, and I am actually strongly considering G26. Just want to shoot them first.

I've been doing a bunch of reading on here, but just haven't found much on the G22, which is what this post is questioning. I'm sure they are great, as law enforcement has or used to use them for years. I might be wrong, but I think they mainly switched to G23. I just personally haven't talked to anyone who has one or used one. Just looking for some opinions.

kwo51

Full Access Member
G22 used by patrol here. If I was in the market for a full sized glock it would be a 45 acp. My carry is a g27 when not dressed in suit, then 1911 commander .

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
You need to find a compromise between what fits comfortably in your hand and what feels comfortable in your favorite carry position. If you carry something too large and it's constantly poking you in the ribs then you're less likely to want to carry it. I too have large hands but I carry a Taurus PT740 slim because it's something I can wear all day. I also recently picked up a 140 G2 because I wanted something similar in size to the 740 but carried a few more rounds. Plus it was $199 after rebate so call me crazy, I couldn't pass it up. Also, I don't want to carry something too expensive but is still dependable. So there's some other things to think about. Let us know what you decide.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I pick up a police trade-ins which is an awesome shooter, I put some talon grip and trijicon hd night sight on it.

This is 15FT with it.

Alien Gear Holster.

And INCOG Holster.

I love it and it shoot very well, my body type let me carry it pretty darn good.

kwo51

Full Access Member
You did good BD. I got one in 9mm that felt funny when firing , sent it to glock and they replaced the plastic for free.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I too have big hands but bought the 23 to be my daily carry. I can work with the 23 just fine in a life and death situation if required to, and I tactical practice with the 13rd G23 mags as well. But, I often use 15rd G22 mags in my G23 with X Grip spacers and makes the G23 fit my big hand like a glove.

Attachments

• P89DC 044.jpg
    P89DC 044.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts