Thinking about a Ruger 10/22...or some I

Jamal

The only one around here I have actually been able to touch was $369.00. I believe it was the sporter. I'm thinking the carbine is fine for me? Or a
Some other .22 semi-auto...suggestions?

Jamal

Um..."hoping" to be under $200, but it all depends on what's out there. And that $200 isn't factoring in shipping and FFL fees.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
With today's jacked up prices a 10/22 probably won't happen unless you get lucky. I think it's a marlin 795 that's a decent little .22. They used to be around $150ish before the craze. I have no idea what they go for now

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
If your patient you can find a 10/22 for $200ish. Academy still sells them for cheap when you can find one in stock. The marlin is a decent little gun. Not nearly as much aftermarket stuff as the ruger but there's plenty to choose from. My nephew has the marlin and its fun to plink with. Good luck

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
If You KNOW for a fact you're interested in a 10/22 and I would be too If I didn't have 3, I'd be more concerned about finding 25rd Magazines. But at this point, probably to late for that. The BX25's last time I seen were going for $100 eaxh. I did have a have a chance to buy some Black Dog 25rd mags for $19 each about a week ago. Those should be pretty good mags. It's said they are made from the same mold and patent as the old Eaton mags. I had several of those at one time and they were good. Finally one did end up failing, and got left where we were shooting, and 1 got ran over and broke when it wasn't put away.

Our Academy here, gets guns in on Monday, Wed, and Friday. Best thing to do is, Is call them first thing Monday, Wed and Friday, or be there. They've been nice enough to me in the last month to hold a gun for 30 minutes for me til I could be there, and once for 5 hours til my SIL got off work to goy buy it. Also, another guy I know, had moved, and their policy is, your address must match, so they held it a full day so he could go to the Tag office and get a new ID with the correct ID. Stupid policy IMO since you could easily lie and just use your previous address on the paperwork but point is, they will hold it for you IF you make pretty quick arrangements to pick it up. At least our store is.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
The academy close to me does the same thing with the address. I had forgot to change mine and they held the gun for me for two days. They also gave me a 10% discount because it was a display gun and had a small scratch on it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts