Taser

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
In Utah, there are no restrictions on Tasers, If you wish to carry Non Lethal force, you may carry and use a Taser. But remember, If you DEPLOY the Taser for any reason, you must call Police and report the deployment

Arckadian

Personally I think that if you are going to get a Tazer and are willing to use it, you need to know how it feel to get hit by it. That is just my opinion of course, but if you are gonna use it you should know just what it feels like and what it can do to a person.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Personally I think that if you are going to get a Tazer and are willing to use it, you need to know how it feel to get hit by it. That is just my opinion of course, but if you are gonna use it you should know just what it feels like and what it can do to a person.

So if Kira was to carry a Taser, you would recommend she get zapped before using it on an attacker?

Arckadian

you really want an honest reply to that? o_O absolutely I think if you are going to use it you need to understand what it does to someone. Seen to many people that get a Tazer and dont understand what it does, and when they decide to test it out on someone or some animal they say that they didnt know it would do that to that person/animal. If you are the test subject you know exactly what it will do. However, being just my opinion I dont think anyone would willingly be tazed just to see what it feels like unless they have a few screws loose.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I think being tazed is a requirement to carry one on the police force. That's what our local police say when I ask them about it.

Arckadian

That is were I got my information from as well. Here in Salt Lake I have talked with many officers and it is a requirement here as well that if you are going to carry one you know what it can do. I think some of them are adjustable for the stun, but I think this is speculation until I can confirm that or not.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That is were I got my information from as well. Here in Salt Lake I have talked with many officers and it is a requirement here as well that if you are going to carry one you know what it can do. I think some of them are adjustable for the stun, but I think this is speculation until I can confirm that or not.

Just went and did a quick Google check on adjustable taser's. I don't think it's to that point yet. Kind of like Star Trek. "Set taser's to stun". But come to think of it. If you could set it to stun and hit someone with it and it's ineffective, will you have the chance to amp it up and hit him again before he gets to you?

Arckadian

more or less that is it exactly... all it would have to be is a slide that allows you to up the voltage. I have seen devices that do that but all of them were prototypes not completed designs. Most of the ones I have seen that were in the prototype stage only allows for a max of 2 uses... so if you failed the first time you only got one more chance... but it was... testy

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Dog collars are adjustable for shock ... I have taken the highest volt collar shock and survived ...... Auto ignition condensers can you shock pretty good ... MSD ignition systems with an Accel Super coil or MSD blaster coil will multi shock you with about 40,000 volts ... Be there done that too... It is not that bad ...

But seriously flawed is the reason you are using Arckadian .... Do you also think that reason should be used for any weapon ????:eek::D

Arckadian

of course not I dont want to be shot with a gun just so I can own one. Like I said before though I have seen a lot of people that have used a tazer on a pet and then feel guilty for doing that to the animal afterwards. I think people that own a tazer should know what it does and what it can do to a person. Also when they get one, treat it like the weapon it is.... carefully. It is not something that use be used just because you want to see what it does to someone.

On the whole, if people know what it can do and respect it, then there would be no real issue. At least not from me :D Its the uneducated that seem to think it is ok to randomly use items like that without knowing, in advance, just what it can do. So let me rephrase my comment. I think people that use a tazer inappropriately should be tazed.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
of course not I dont want to be shot with a gun just so I can own one. Like I said before though I have seen a lot of people that have used a tazer on a pet and then feel guilty for doing that to the animal afterwards. I think people that own a tazer should know what it does and what it can do to a person. Also when they get one, treat it like the weapon it is.... carefully. It is not something that use be used just because you want to see what it does to someone.

On the whole, if people know what it can do and respect it, then there would be no real issue. At least not from me :D Its the uneducated that seem to think it is ok to randomly use items like that without knowing, in advance, just what it can do. So let me rephrase my comment. I think people that use a tazer inappropriately should be tazed.

OK , that will work :D

Did you know a electrical shock can stop your heart or kill you ???:eek:

Arckadian

yes actually. that is part of the risk with a Tazer I dont like. for a non-lethal weapon, if you hit someone with a pace maker you could seriously injure or kill that individual. So I think that a tazer even though considered a non-lethal weapon has risks that people need to know about. Training with one of them I say is important, so that the weilder knows what the risks and dangers can be.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
So if I'm in McDonald's and the old lady in the booth behind me is sucking her teeth, it's not OK to tase her to get her to stop? I think tasing her would be a very effective way to get her to stop making that noise.

Arckadian

yeah but then you have to call the cops and tell them you tazed someone.... tazing granny for sucking her teeth MAAAAAY not go over to well with the cops :D I think you may have issues with justification in that instance.

Now if a 400 pound Behemoth comes charging you with blood in its eyes.... that would be a lot easier to say you had just cause

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
yeah but then you have to call the cops and tell them you tazed someone.... tazing granny for sucking her teeth MAAAAAY not go over to well with the cops :D I think you may have issues with justification in that instance.

Now if a 400 pound Behemoth comes charging you with blood in its eyes.... that would be a lot easier to say you had just cause

I don't know......you haven't heard this woman sucking her dentures. I'd rather have a 400 pound behemoth charging me. :D

I'd just let the cops wait a minute until she does it again and then they'll tase her. :eek:

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
yes actually. that is part of the risk with a Tazer I dont like. for a non-lethal weapon, if you hit someone with a pace maker you could seriously injure or kill that individual. So I think that a tazer even though considered a non-lethal weapon has risks that people need to know about. Training with one of them I say is important, so that the weilder knows what the risks and dangers can be.

most people with a pacemaker won't be getting into situations that will get them tazed, those that do.... deserve it

Members online

No members online now.