Mine works good for the money.
IMG_20130107_195621_zpsa4c647c9.jpg

SWSS

Full Access Member
Agreed, it will work dang good for what I paid for it....:evillol:
I liked the looks compared to my 21C...

SWSS

Full Access Member
nah. Daughters bday weekend, and I am redeloying in the am for 2 weeks. wanted some family time. I did shoot one in TX before i ordered.
what was your thoughts?

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
nah. Daughters bday weekend, and I am redeloying in the am for 2 weeks. wanted some family time. I did shoot one in TX before i ordered.
what was your thoughts?

Family first. Where you redeploying to? I didn't know you were military. I've never shot one and to be honest I'm not very good with handguns lol. I've been looking for a CCW and possibly another handgun so I can practice

SWSS

Full Access Member
oh, I am not. I however do Anti-Terrorism/Force-protection work at military bases and alphabet soup agencies. that is what it is called for us... fortunately in no way is it a "true" deployment...

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
It's and SD D as in Dog, SD40VE isn't it? I want one too, and an SD9VE before the ban MIGHT hit. I hear the triggers suck, but they can worked over pretty cheap and very tolerable but still not as good as a Glock. Other than trigger feel, I've heard they are very reliable. For that kind of money, I can deal with the trigger issue after being worked over since it's reliable and can go band everytime the time the trigger is pulled.

OK, I see now, it's SW SD40VE

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
It's and SD D as in Dog, SD40VE isn't it? I want one too, and an SD9VE before the ban MIGHT hit. I hear the triggers suck, but they can worked over pretty cheap and very tolerable but still not as good as a Glock. Other than trigger feel, I've heard they are very reliable. For that kind of money, I can deal with the trigger issue after being worked over since it's reliable and can go band everytime the time the trigger is pulled.

OK, I see now, it's SW SD40VE

Yeah, Ive had a first genereation of this weapon. the triggar was messed up then. I had the 9mm which was the s9ve...worth about 250 bucks. I would save and get something a little better but u cant due that these days. You get what u can. Im gonna see if i can place an order with glock, due for new pistol in 5 months i fiqured it would take that long to get one in. Gonna find out cause its a blu box for leos..Concealed 27

SWSS

Full Access Member
Yeah, Ive had a first genereation of this weapon. the triggar was messed up then. I had the 9mm which was the s9ve...worth about 250 bucks. I would save and get something a little better but u cant due that these days. You get what u can. Im gonna see if i can place an order with glock, due for new pistol in 5 months i fiqured it would take that long to get one in. Gonna find out cause its a blu box for leos..Concealed 27
yeah, I have had some POS too. This is NOT one of them. I absolutely love the feel. When I get back from Texas, I have a box of 40 to run through it. Then I will make a final judgement call. I could buy 3 of these for what I paid for my 21. But as you stated I bought this for a different purpose and a hell of a lot cheaper than I can buy even most used pistolas...because it isnt what I can get but what I wanted to buy.

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
yeah, I have had some POS too. This is NOT one of them. I absolutely love the feel. When I get back from Texas, I have a box of 40 to run through it. Then I will make a final judgement call. I could buy 3 of these for what I paid for my 21. But as you stated I bought this for a different purpose and a hell of a lot cheaper than I can buy even most used pistolas...because it isnt what I can get but what I wanted to buy.

Smart man, you gotta think that thru, I have been looking and found a few 9mm carbines awhile back. I have been looking for one that eats my glock19 mags forever..They are going for $800 on gun broker...others I saw were hi-point which arent bad to be honest but cannot find them now, Im grabbing ammo as I can. Gonna pick up 250 s/d rounds this week. Hornady 9MM TAP 124 Grain

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Ohhh 9mm Glocks on GB.com, Damn, I can't believe the fear in people. Yeah $800 or more. I've seen a Flat Dark Earth Glock 17 over $900 and getting close to $1000 and had a day left. NO fricken way !!! And even the .40's are selling for about $650 -$700. Craziness. Settle down people, don't be stupid.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator

And you need to be quiet about these SD40VE and SD9VE's. At least until I get mine. I have my way, I'll have one of each and another Glock by summer. As far as I'm concerned, they are a POS until I get mine. This way everyone don't go out and buy one then I can't get mine. :rofl:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
And you need to be quiet about these SD40VE and SD9VE's. At least until I get mine. I have my way, I'll have one of each and another Glock by summer. As far as I'm concerned, they are a POS until I get mine. This way everyone don't go out and buy one then I can't get mine. :rofl:

Can't wait for review......?

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
I had one of the first gen .40S&W and the trigger was terrible until I did the "trigger job" and had about 1500 rounds through it. Still a DA, but it ALWAYS went bang, and ate everything I gave it. Wish I hadn't sold it...

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
That goes right along with exactly what I've heard. The trigger is terrible until you work it over then it's tolerable but even then still not as good a Glock. But that's OK. For the money, if it's reliable, I"ll deal with a not so perfect trigger.

It damn sure can't be worse than a Taurus Millineum trigger. I hate those damn things. You finger has to run a 50 yard dash uphill dragging the trigger before you hear a bang.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That goes right along with exactly what I've heard. The trigger is terrible until you work it over then it's tolerable but even then still not as good a Glock. But that's OK. For the money, if it's reliable, I"ll deal with a not so perfect trigger.

It damn sure can't be worse than a Taurus Millineum trigger. I hate those damn things. You finger has to run a 50 yard dash uphill dragging the trigger before you hear a bang.

Thats why I sold my kel-tec PF9....Anticipating trigger break sucks... Not sure what Im gonna replace it with yet. Looking at S&W sheild in 9mm.....Going out today to look at them. I found a place whos got them my pocket book may be slighly larger.......

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I got my SW SD9VE Yesterday. Academy actually got a shipment in Wednesday morning, and had both SD9VE and SD40VE. I figured I'd go ahead and get the 9VE first since it seems the 9mm's are the harder ones to get these days. I'll see how much I like this one, before I know for sure if I want to the get the 40VE too. Haven't got to shoot it yet, but playing with is some, honestly, I don't think it can be beat for $299.99. Sure as hell beats getting a Taurus PT111, or PT140 for $369.99.
And I can sure see why Glock had a lawsuit over this model. I'll post pics in another thread later.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SD9VevsG23 015b.jpg
    SD9VevsG23 015b.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 20

Members online

No members online now.