Strange Phenomenon

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My wife and I are sitting in the living room watching TV. I get a little chilly so I start a fire. Now my feet are burning. The fire is actually another TV with a DVD player hooked up to it showing a video of a fire. There is something phycological about just seeing the fire that is warming us. We haven't touched the thermostat. We know it's just a video but for some reason we both feel warmer because of it. Weird but interesting at the same time.
2012-11-06_19-13-58_908.jpg

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
I have that video ... Warms me up because it makes me laugh real hard . Does your vid come with the crackle and snapping sounds like mine ...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I have that video ... Warms me up because it makes me laugh real hard . Does your vid come with the crackle and snapping sounds like mine ...
Sure does. Still sitting here in front of it listening to it and watching it. The mind is a powerful thing. I swear I feel heat from it even though it's impossible since it's just a video and I'm a good 12 feet from it. My wife and others have made similar comments.

On the flip side, have you ever watched a program where they are showing a blizzard or snowy scene and suddenly you feel cold? It's the brain playing tricks on you.

Last edited:

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
I believe it is the power supply of the laptop on your lap that is warming your legs...

Members online

No members online now.