States considering the firing squad

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
As stock of lethal injection drugs are drying up some states are considering reviving the use of a firing squad..your reaction.

Some states look at reviving firing squads amid shortage of execution drugs - U.S. News

P.S. That Ohio family is suing because their boy "suffered" during his 25 minute execution recently..gee I am really cryin' for you all. What about that pregnant newlywed who he raped and murdered. To me he didn't sufferer long enough and I hope he rots in hell.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
As stock of lethal injection drugs are drying up some states are considering reviving the use of a firing squad..your reaction.

Some states look at reviving firing squads amid shortage of execution drugs - U.S. News

P.S. That Ohio family is suing because their boy "suffered" during his 25 minute execution recently..gee I am really cryin' for you all. What about that pregnant newlywed who he raped and murdered. To me he didn't sufferer long enough and I hope he rots in hell.

I read that story too. Really difficult to have any sympathy for the murderer who suffered that 25 minutes. The husband of the murdered woman committed suicide. So the murderer actually had a hand in three deaths. The woman, the unborn child and the husband. I think in this case the murderer should have suffered at least an hour or two.

In this case a firing squad would have been too humane.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'm my opinion death sentence is not supposed to be fun.... an eye for an eye. You rape and kill someone, you get raped and killed the same way.......justice served in my eyes, hanous crimes make me sick......Concealed 27

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Sounds like some of us in here would be willing to "donate" some of their ammo to the firing squad..I certainly would if it would quicken the garbage on death row.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Here's a question that may go in to this thread. Why are execution dates set so far in to the future? If firing squad is revived can we just take em to the back of the prison and line em up?

"Next"

BOOM

"Next"

BOOM

"Next"

armoredman

Full Access Member
I remember hearing years ago that Utah was advertising for volunteers for the firing squad. Rumor has it that the invite was SUPPOSED to go only to members of the Utah State Police, but somehow ended up going nation wide...imagine the response.
I agree - all the states are having difficulty coming up with the proper "drug protocol" due to the lofty minded types at the pharmaceutical companies refusing to provide drugs for such use...my, what humanitarians, hope their families don't get raped and murdered by an escaped murderer some day, like has happened many times in the past.
We still have the gas chamber set up, and I even know where the trap door for the old gallows is sitting, still useable. With the high price of lead these days, I think a reusable hemp rope might be a better idea.

oppo

Full Access Member
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Another good idea would be drowning. Cheap, effective, & a bad way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts