Someday soon I'll actually have all of my parts...

tacticold

Full Access Member
I couldn't find a stupid AR tool to borrow. Do ya'll think I can get the castle nut on tight enough without one and without marring the crap out of it?

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Buy one if you plan on building any more AR's. I'd loan you mine if I was in town and could ship it to you. You'd have to cover the shipping which by the time you paid that you can almost buy your own

KKing

Full Access Member
Buy one if you plan on building any more AR's. I'd loan you mine if I was in town and could ship it to you. You'd have to cover the shipping which by the time you paid that you can almost buy your own

Exactly what I was going to say. I've got no problem loaning you mine, but by the time you pay shipping you could have a decent tool as inexpensive as they are.

tacticold

Full Access Member
Thanks, guys. Now that I have everything I want to build it now, not wait to order a tool...lol. I'm freakin' impatient, basically. Of course, everyone locally is out of stock, so I need to figure something out. I have a couple of friends I can call yet that build. Just haven't been able to get ahold of anyone thus far.

tacticold

Full Access Member
It's done...I think. For now, anyway.

Is it normal for the bolt to stay open with an empty magazine inserted? If not, then I screwed something up....

Crappy phone pick, and yes, it's got fingerprints and crap all over it. I just got done assembling:

a3874791-d1fc-46ae-8505-325c468c963d_zpscf6bac7e.jpg

Anderson Manufacturing Lower
PSA Upper with 14.5" CHF Machine Gun barrel made by FN, double-chrome lined. Chrome lined chamber.
Yankee Hill Machine flash hider
MOE furniture
RCA Black Nitride BCG
CMMG LPK
Badger Ordnance Ambi Charging Handle

Total cost came in at about $1100 shipped.

Last edited:

tacticold

Full Access Member
I may just try to re-sell for a bit of a profit. Now that I've done one, I already want to do things differently....lol.

tacticold

Full Access Member
It's not a big deal, honestly. If I can get what I put into it I'll be happy. It was a all a learning experience for me, and now I have ideas for the next one when I can afford it. I'll probably just buy a part now and then when I have the money until eventually I have enough to build another one.

This "legos for men" stuff is addicting. I told my wife I now have a new hobby. She's a gun person, so she's not complaining unless I blow too much money on it.

Members online

No members online now.