So What Did You Do Today?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've been working on whittling down a pile of logs I had sitting in the side yard. Finally got them all cut up to size and split and stacked. Cleaned up the wood splitter and put it away. Got to watch the beginning and finish of the Indy 500. I was out splitting wood in the middle of it. Wife and I got in the hot tub for about an hour to ease these old aching muscles. Just got back from dinner with my wife and parents at one of our favorite local steak houses. Now I'm just relaxing until I'm ready to go to bed. Yeah, I know. Life is rough.

So what was your day like?

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Walked to loosen up my shin splints ,light weight and stretch.Watching NAS car now. Some rain earlier and my Harley is calling me. Life is a bitch! Thank all you people (pc) for you service,we are free because of our military.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
...... Thank all you people (pc) for you service,we are free because of our military.

Absolutely! 10-4. Thank you to those who have served, are serving and will serve. We know freedom isn't free. It has to be fought for.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Tomorrow we'll be going into town for breakfast with the family. Then I've been promising the wife I'd "Roundup" some weeds and grass in the garden. Then I don't plan on doing another thing. Been working all weekend. I'm going to do my best to take it easy tomorrow. Yeah, we'll see how that goes.

oppo

Full Access Member
Went and bought posts, lumber, hinges, & concrete. Then, I started digging post holes. Unfortunately, most of the digging was done with a bar and I have a long way to go.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Went and bought posts, lumber, hinges, & concrete. Then, I started digging post holes. Unfortunately, most of the digging was done with a bar and I have a long way to go.

What kind of soil you digging in? Doesn't matter, sounds like a good excuse to buy a power tool to me.

oppo

Full Access Member
I wish I had the money to do that.

A lot of the soil here is a mix of sand and clay but thid spot is hard clay. I have got good post hole diggers but it feels like you are jamming them into a stump. I have had to break the ground up with the bar and then clean out the pieces with the post hole diggers. Even water doesn't help or soak in. It just sits in the hole. I dug some on the other side of the house and went down 3' in the time it takes me to get about an inch on one of these. They will also be 3' for H posts and corner posts and a double gate. At least they will be good and solid.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Watched racing all day formula 1 in Monaco, Indy 500, then coca cola 600 at Charlotte....
All great races, my girl spent the day with her son..... I'm so happy to have such a sweetie !!
Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sounds like digging in south florida, oppo. No real need for a shovel, pick ax and spoon is all you need.. Proud to live on a sand hill now.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Lots of yard work, washed the truck, had 4-5 beers, bbq some steaks and killed a bunch of nazis in COD..was a good day.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Today I had breakfast at McDonalds's with my wife and my parents. We sat there sipping coffee watching the snow flurries fall. Too warm to stick so it was nice seeing it come down.

Then ran over to Greensboro to pick up a set of rims and tires I've been wanting for the truck. They're a Craigslist find that worked out. Finally found a reputable person to deal with. We met in a Walmart parking lot so that there would be people around. This help protects both the buyer and the seller to do the transaction in a public place. Much safer IMO.

Got home in time to put them on the truck and then help my wife put together a dinner for her brother and sister-in-law. They came over to celebrate an early Christmas with us and my wife's mother (her brothers too) who is 92 years old.

Not sure she's going to have another Christmas but I wouldn't put it past her to make it. She keeps surprising us. Just when I think she's down for the count, she rebounds back.

Here's the truck with the "new to me" rims. They're 20's off a 2005 Dodge Ram. I like to put newer updated rims on an older vehicle. They're stock rims but not for this truck.
IMG_20141220_154323.jpg

Members online

No members online now.