Sign Of The Times

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Dear J&G Customer,

Today we wanted to send out a short notice about the current situation in the gun industry.

Most of you have heard of the panic buying that has been occurring since proposed gun control legislation has been discussed daily on the news. We wanted to try to keep our customers informed of what we see going on from our end, both bad and good.

First the BAD:

1. There are extensive shortages of several key items. Products that may be banned are often no longer in stock, such as mags over 10rds for AR-15, AK-47, popular pistols, and ammo in key calibers. The urge to stock up on these items continues to be very strong and we are unsure what supply will be like in the future. Manufacturers may not be able to keep up, some stating that future supplies will be limited for quite some time, especially on AR and AK rifles and magazines.

2. Prices are going up. This is a fact of life during shortages due to increased demand and short supply. If you browse gun auction websites you will see the value of items climbing daily. Luckily most of the prices at J&G Sales have not changed and remain stable, although some items have increased, or will soon. The increased prices are due to several factors, including:

A. Suppliers who have increased our costs when we order replacement stock.

B. Suppliers no longer importing or producing certain items at all, making what is currently available no longer replaceable and increasing its value.

C. Some price increases to allow items to be available to more people over a longer period, preventing a few resellers from buying everything.

Now the GOOD:

1. Many suppliers are ramping up production to try to get product to the dealers to restock as soon as possible. We are expecting AR-15 mags to continue coming in, as well as handgun mags, and ammo. Shipments will probably be smaller than previously, as manufacturers try to spread around the supply and not ship it all to only one or two dealers. Gun production is more difficult to increase, and many manufacturers were already running close to full capacity before the rush. We do expect more domestically produced guns, although AR style rifles will probably be available only in small batches. Unfortunately, we do not expect a steady supply of AK style rifles for some time.

2. Prices seem to be stabilizing a bit, although they will continue to be extremely volatile depending on the details of new legislation, and on continued word from manufacturers regarding future availability.

In summary, we hope these times will pass and enough government representatives will remember their oaths of office and keep our freedom intact. We at J&G plan to stick it out for the long haul and continue to supply our customers into the future. We pledge to you that we will not cave to outside societal pressure and will stay loyal to you and continue selling lawful items to law abiding citizens.

We appreciate your support and loyalty and wish you all a peaceful and blessing filled 2013.

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD !!

Join with other gun owners and let your voice be heard, feel free to check out groups such as the NRA, Firearms Coalition, JPFO, or Gunowners Of America and pick the one you like. Click here to see about joining the NRA: https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=XS005080 Click here for Firearms Coalition http://www.firearmscoalition.org/ or visit Gunowners of America at http://www.gunowners.org and see JPFO at http://www.jpfo.org

J&G Sales Ltd. - 440 Miller Valley Road, Prescott, AZ 86301. Phone: 1-928-445-9650

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Browsing any gun website looking for mags or semi auto rifles would tell you the same thing. They're all out. And if you find it, it'll cost you more. As will most everything else you want to buy. But the attention is on guns right now due to recent events. No tellin' when things may stabilize again.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
2016 or later if we are still here.

I'm not optimistic. There are predictions the Republicans may lose the House in 2014. If the Democrats get their way then it's over. They will have nothing standing in their way. They will steamroll us.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'm not optimistic. There are predictions the Republicans may lose the House in 2014. If the Democrats get their way then it's over. They will have nothing standing in their way. They will steamroll us.

Agreed, I do no longer shoot on a regular basis. My AR-15 I just built has less than 200 rds thru it. I added an addition to the family today...Pics soon to come

I stockpile my ammo, I have a local dealer who gets stuff in and I stop in all the time and just shoot the shit with him. When gets something in he knows I may want he puts some aside for me(AMMO) and does not mess with gauging the price up (16.99 for Remingtion 9mm UMC 115 grain FMJ). He is well stocked in 9MM, .40, and .45 but out of 223/556..... So there are some good guys out there but most of the large gun shops are screwing it up. Wait untill the bills start coming in Christmas and the guns purchased on credit cards..
and then see were the sales are...Another long post by a Republican whos scared to death my 2nd amendment rights are going to be taken.....Sincerly, Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Agreed, I do no longer shoot on a regular basis. My AR-15 I just built has less than 200 rds thru it. I added an addition to the family today...Pics soon to come

I stockpile my ammo, I have a local dealer who gets stuff in and I stop in all the time and just shoot the shit with him. When gets something in he knows I may want he puts some aside for me(AMMO) and does not mess with gauging the price up (16.99 for Remingtion 9mm UMC 115 grain FMJ). He is well stocked in 9MM, .40, and .45 but out of 223/556..... So there are some good guys out there but most of the large gun shops are screwing it up. Wait untill the bills start coming in Christmas and the guns purchased on credit cards..
and then see were the sales are...Another long post by a Republican whos scared to death my 2nd amendment rights are going to be taken.....Sincerly, Concealed 27

Get into reloading. Get yourself a press in the desired caliber (or calibers) you shoot and stock up on the things you need to make ammo. Brass, bullets, powder and primers. If you buy those items in bulk, it's less expensive than factory stuff. Plus it's a great hobby. Plus when there's no ammo on the shelves, you can make your own.

I have a Lee LoadMaster progressive press. It's fairly simple to convert to another caliber. I have both .45 and 9mm dies for it. Also have a MEC Grabber 12ga shell reloader. Getting ready to place a big order for consumables. There are powders available that can be used in both shotgun shells and pistol cartridges. Just have to make sure your powder measurement is correct for each application. There are recipe books available to guide you in bullet building.

I just have a feeling that once the gov. regulates weapons, it won't be long before they regulate ammo. Either driving the price through the roof if you can even find it. They'll know that no matter what they do, weapons will still be "out there". So they'll regulate ammo essentially turning our weapons into hammers. But with people doing their own reloading, they'll be set until their supplies run out.

So when I go shooting, I'll pick up my brass and go reload it. Also, go ahead and buy .22 in bulk now while it's still cheap. You can get the 500 round boxes at Walmart inexpensively. Everyone should have a .22 rifle. Great for small game or defense if need be. You start peppering someone with .22, they'll go in the other direction.

SWSS

Full Access Member
I just had to rework my order put in in early December! I was also told MY cost on the ARs are going up $100 per rifle!!

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Get into reloading. Get yourself a press in the desired caliber (or calibers) you shoot and stock up on the things you need to make ammo. Brass, bullets, powder and primers. If you buy those items in bulk, it's less expensive than factory stuff. Plus it's a great hobby. Plus when there's no ammo on the shelves, you can make your own.

I have a Lee LoadMaster progressive press. It's fairly simple to convert to another caliber. I have both .45 and 9mm dies for it. Also have a MEC Grabber 12ga shell reloader. Getting ready to place a big order for consumables. There are powders available that can be used in both shotgun shells and pistol cartridges. Just have to make sure your powder measurement is correct for each application. There are recipe books available to guide you in bullet building.

I just have a feeling that once the gov. regulates weapons, it won't be long before they regulate ammo. Either driving the price through the roof if you can even find it. They'll know that no matter what they do, weapons will still be "out there". So they'll regulate ammo essentially turning our weapons into hammers. But with people doing their own reloading, they'll be set until their supplies run out.

So when I go shooting, I'll pick up my brass and go reload it. Also, go ahead and buy .22 in bulk now while it's still cheap. You can get the 500 round boxes at Walmart inexpensively. Everyone should have a .22 rifle. Great for small game or defense if need be. You start peppering someone with .22, they'll go in the other direction.

Currently I have a friend who reloads and I save all my brass, take it to him and he gives me new ammo for it... but that's not what I need for long term as you said, if you put a price tag on 1 bullet of $1000.00 you're sol. The criminals are allowed to buy ammo currently by just showing you are the legal age and nothing less. I put a post on for sale section on this site to save all your .223 brass and I will buy it. I even ask other shooters at the range if they care if I pick there brass up....most say I don't care so I stick around and take my time shooting and grab brass...,Indoor range and all the scared people shooting 223 don't even know u can reload... all that being said I simply have nowhere to set up a bench.... so currently not an option......:Rant:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Currently I have a friend who reloads and I save all my brass, take it to him and he gives me new ammo for it... but that's not what I need for long term as you said, if you put a price tag on 1 bullet of $1000.00 you're sol. The criminals are allowed to buy ammo currently by just showing you are the legal age and nothing less. I put a post on for sale section on this site to save all your .223 brass and I will buy it. I even ask other shooters at the range if they care if I pick there brass up....most say I don't care so I stick around and take my time shooting and grab brass...,Indoor range and all the scared people shooting 223 don't even know u can reload... all that being said I simply have nowhere to set up a bench.... so currently not an option......:Rant:

Is your friend able to reload all the brass you take him? I'm interested in .223, .45, 9mm....heck, just about anything. I'll pay shipping and then some for your trouble if there's any left over not being used.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Just a reminder, That you dont need im sure, But keep EVERY high cap mag and or drum, I see people selling them for big profits thinking that this push i just a shove.. I dont think so.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I am fortunate enough to not have had to hit the panic button and go out on a spending spree. Just out of curiosity i've been keeping an eye on the local armslist, and its depressing to see what fellow "gun owners" are doing........

Looking thru my inventory, I think the only thing I didn't get when I had the chance was the simplest thing.........Ruger BX-25 mags.

DrkSide

Full Access Member
I am fortunate enough to not have had to hit the panic button and go out on a spending spree. Just out of curiosity i've been keeping an eye on the local armslist, and its depressing to see what fellow "gun owners" are doing........

Looking thru my inventory, I think the only thing I didn't get when I had the chance was the simplest thing.........Ruger BX-25 mags.

Referring to the prices, it is amazing what money does to some people.

The only thing that I did not get bought before the craze was an upper for my AR build. I have everything, even mags, save for an upper. Not that I could afford to feed it at anything close to current prices.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Referring to the prices, it is amazing what money does to some people.

The only thing that I did not get bought before the craze was an upper for my AR build. I have everything, even mags, save for an upper. Not that I could afford to feed it at anything close to current prices.

That sucks, I finished mine right b4 all that stuff went down. I have rds, mags and long guns, pistols, and shotguns. I ma build a custom.10/22... its a gun I can go shoot and have fun with and make a black gun for around $325-350 to shoot. Plus I'm gonna give it to my nephew as a birthday present when he turns 10 in a few years if my brother in law is cool with it.....

Members online

No members online now.