Self defense shooting verse ass wiping.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Some of us here are older and may not allow an ass wiping.Would you shoot quicker to protect family than your self ? When should you stop shooting? I have asked myself all these questions and wonder how you all would respond? Would you as a no leo try to stop a felony from happening or retreat.

doublestack

Sure I would put myself more at risk to protect my family. How many rounds? Prolly three minimum...empty the clip if it was a big mofo and he had a weapon and raising/pointing at me! As for stopping a felon, it would depend on the situation and whether $100 or a shootout and potential for loss off life would occur. Until your put in a situation, I think it's hard to say. i just know one thing....protect #1!

blockdoc

Full Access Member
Fire until the threat is eliminated. Reassessment after each couple rounds is of course necessary.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Better hurry and buy some munchies ,before they are gone. Sounds like Was. and Colorado are going up in smoke. Also sounds like we are on the same page with our skill set.

Fastfood

Some of us here are older and may not allow an ass wiping.Would you shoot quicker to protect family than your self ? When should you stop shooting? I have asked myself all these questions and wonder how you all would respond? Would you as a no leo try to stop a felony from happening or retreat.

I thought about some of the same things the other day....
Would I really want to shoot someone and live with the decision I made over my empty wallet. It's to be decided upon the threat level!
Would I shoot to protect my family.....I can only pray my finger could keep up with my brain saying Shoot, shoot, shoot!!!
His actions will tell me when to stop.
I am not a leo but I am VERRRYYYY protective of all people and property around me...would I try to stop a felony from happening, depends...Just "breaking and entering" into a closed business, call the police and moniter the situation :popcorn: . Assult or armed robbery...pray Im the better marksman.
When you watch the news you have to ask your self "what would I do in that situation" but when the shit hits the fan will you be able to make the same decision.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
When the fit hits the shan, you will do exactly what you have trained and prepared to do - including nothing.

kwo51

Full Access Member
When the sh-- hits the fan I'm looking for big solid objects to get behind.Calling all my friends with crew served weapons.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I have been fortunate that I only had to draw my weapon once since I have been CCing. A punk brought a knife to a gun fight. He was about 10 feet away from me when I saw the blade at his side. I pulled the glock 30 out and told him not to come any closer or its gonna be a bad day for him. I warned him to stop and he must have been high, he just turned around and started walking away. I am very thankful that nothing happened... 20 feet is to close for someone with a knife. You are gonna get cut if they are charging you before you can draw so I have worked with a friend (former army ranger) on how to get the knife away while drawing my weapon and gain control of the situation.....Just thought I would share.... Concealed 27

KKing

Full Access Member
You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. If you shoot once and they turn in retreat, the threat has been neutralized and it would do you good not to fire any more rounds and call 911 and your lawyer. It's obviously a self defense scenario but its very hard to prove self defense when someone has several rounds in their back. Place your weapon away from your person, stand on it if you have to. "I was in fear of serious injury or death" for yourself or whomever you are defending should be your first words to any LEO that arrives on the scene. Remember, "serious bodily injury or death". I will shoot to defend myself, my family, and anyone around me...but threat recognition and knowledge of your laws are the main things. It's easy to say "I'll shoot anyone that enters my house unwelcome" but a lot harder to defend. I know in TN, you can't use deadly force to protect personal property unless as I said before, the bad guy gives you reason to believe he might want to cause serious injury or death to you or your family. Threads like these are great for second guessing yourself and self evaluation, but what I consider even more important is knowing laws of your state. Anyway, I'm not a lawyer, but I have played one on tv, and I'm no one to give anyone else legal advice

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. If you shoot once and they turn in retreat, the threat has been neutralized and it would do you good not to fire any more rounds and call 911 and your lawyer. It's obviously a self defense scenario but its very hard to prove self defense when someone has several rounds in their back. Place your weapon away from your person, stand on it if you have to. "I was in fear of serious injury or death" for yourself or whomever you are defending should be your first words to any LEO that arrives on the scene. Remember, "serious bodily injury or death". I will shoot to defend myself, my family, and anyone around me...but threat recognition and knowledge of your laws are the main things. It's easy to say "I'll shoot anyone that enters my house unwelcome" but a lot harder to defend. I know in TN, you can't use deadly force to protect personal property unless as I said before, the bad guy gives you reason to believe he might want to cause serious injury or death to you or your family. Threads like these are great for second guessing yourself and self evaluation, but what I consider even more important is knowing laws of your state. Anyway, I'm not a lawyer, but I have played one on tv, and I'm no one to give anyone else legal advice

I know an attorney who specialties in firearms law are also represents lawful deadly force who gave me a fold up card of the what and what not to say and his phone number on it. I have copy in my car and wallet...

KKing

Full Access Member
I know an attorney who specialties in firearms law are also represents lawful deadly force who gave me a fold up card of the what and what not to say and his phone number on it. I have copy in my car and wallet...

Awesome idea man

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Its easier to have legal stuff in order in case something happens. The case in Florida vs Josh Simerman he is testing the stand your ground law and the family has said that he's probably gonna get off and then they will go civil court and sue for wrongful death ..........messed up.....

STF

Full Access Member
I always avoid confrontation if at all possible. If that's not possible I would act exactly the same when protecting just me or when protecting my family. The way I see it is it would be almost just as bad for them to lose me as it would for me to lose either of them.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Did you tell him to stop in spanish? How with lots of illegals out for lack of money to keep them, it will be open season on us. Use sigh language double tap +1.

otasan

Full Access Member
I live alone - and any home invader here in VT will get at least five shots of +p+ 115gr JHP 9mms.

Members online

No members online now.