Ruger Precision Rifle

priell3

Full Access Member
My son has one on order in 308. I will post pics and details when he gets it. He is looking for the right optics for it.

Arckadian

I want an AR-10 308 rifle. I am just waiting to see if that is a feasible option soon. I have a Mosin Nagant, but that thing has a kick like a mule.

Bluez

Full Access Member
My son has one on order in 308. I will post pics and details when he gets it. He is looking for the right optics for it.

That RPR is hard core.
With 6.5 Creed people have been posting 1600 yard hits with it.
With 308 your reach will not be quite as good but still amazing considering this level of accuracy used to cost several thousand dollars.

I spoke to a friend of mine who at one point was one of the top 30 distance shooters in the country ( and has routinely beaten instructors from the Army and USMC sniper schools) and was surprised when he recommended to me to go with 308 for this rifle.

I wanted 6.5 Creed and his position was while 6.5 Creed is balistically superior to 308 ,the difference is not large enough to over come the logistical advantage of fielding this rifle in the widely available 308, for when the chips are <really> down.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That RPR is hard core.

I wanted 6.5 Creed and his position was while 6.5 Creed is balistically superior to 308 ,the difference is not large enough to over come the logistical advantage of fielding this rifle in the widely available 308, for when the chips are <really> down.

I would have to agree. In a SHTF scenario you'll want a caliber that has been around a long time and readily available. Something as unique as a 6.5 would be difficult to come across while scavenging IMO. Your mileage may vary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts