Ruger Mini-Thirty availability?

doublestack

Want to purchase a new Mini 30 and was wondering if anyone has seen them locally for sale in major retailers. If not, why is Ruger not manufacturing these rifles to satisfy demand? Shoulda bought one before the school shooting back east, but procrastinated.......
TIA

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Want to purchase a new Mini 30 and was wondering if anyone has seen them locally for sale in major retailers. If not, why is Ruger not manufacturing these rifles to satisfy demand? Shoulda bought one before the school shooting back east, but procrastinated.......
TIA

They are still in production, but in limited quantities. Being so, and a hot ticket item they are "allocated" to dealers by the distributors. We may be able to get you one, but it may be a little wait. We can find out Monday if you would like? The make a stainless standard model with synthetic stock, and a tactical model that's blued with a flash hider. Very minimal price difference between models.

doublestack

Appreciate the offer, not in a big hurry and would like to buy locally as I will have to pay sales tax and don't want to pay for shipping and FFL fees.
Once again, appreciate the reply and offer!

cce1302

Full Access Member
as to your question "why is Ruger not making enough to satisfy demand?"

Ruger is barely able to make enough of anything in enough quantity to satisfy demand.

I think they're ok on some of their smaller plastic-framed pistols such as the LC9, LCP, and SR9, but the SR1911, revolvers, and centerfire long guns are a bit scarce.

doublestack

Finally managed to find one and picked it up last week(SS w/ syn stock). Ordered and received three Ruger 20 rd mags also. Have yet to take it out to the range. A little heavier than what i expected, but still a nice little manageable package for use in short to medium ranges.
Would like to see a little better finish QC from Ruger though, seam on center of stock should be knocked down a bit more and warning message stamped on rear of receiver is not uniform depth. Trigger pull will need some work, but will put 4-500 rounds before I spend money for it.
Overall, happy to find one before some psycho goes on a shooting spree again.....now to stock up on ammo!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts