Review Level III Container System Jerry Cans

Bluez

Full Access Member
This is my review of the 5 gallon (20L) Level 3 Container Group Jerry Can.
I did a lot of research before I bought, because I only wanted a high quality unit.
I knew I may mount them on my roof rack SHTF and I didnt want gas to be leaking onto the truck.
I had some bad experiences with the red plastic cans before and i knew I wanted something much more high end, after all if I ever used these cans at thta time the gas would likely be as valuable as Gold.

After some research I got the Level III Container group Jerry Cans.
They are $50 each and you can get them in colors other than red.

I ordered in green for a little bit of discreetness and more difficulty of spotting the cans at distance in case I have to handle them post-SHTF.
They are a bit darker than they look in most of the pics, due to flash but the one where i stand on them shows the color pretty well.

They arrived quickly about 6 weeks ago.
On first inspection they look excellent.
Made in Europe (Latvia) the welds as you can see from the pics are perfect.
They are also the ticker steel compared to the NATO “style” cans you buy elsewhere, and feel/look like the heavy cans I remember from my time as a young enlisted man.
If anything they feel /stronger/better , kinda like a car fuel tank.

The latch system is also very solid
First I added half a bottle of STABIL to each can, which is plenty.
Then I filled it with premium 93 Octane.

Even though my Truck needs only 87, this was a hedge against partial degeneration of the fuel as I intend to store it for a while, I expect this fuel to be good (at least by 87 Octane standard) for years to come assuming the cans dont leak the thinner fuel fractions evaporate out.

So I went for a premium brand of gas (Amoco) and got the 93 Octane.

I took great care not to spill any gas on the outside of the can to make it easier for me to detect any leaks.

I put it in the truck in the passenger compartment with all windows closed. Smelled nothing.
Brought it home stood on the full cans (I weigh 225lbs) laying on their side and afterwards sniffed around the caps for any leaking.
Smelled no gas at all! :yahoo:

Attachments

• 100_0735.jpg
    100_0735.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0736.jpg
    100_0736.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0737.jpg
    100_0737.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0739.jpg
    100_0739.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0740.jpg
    100_0740.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

doublestack

Always a good idea to have a stockpile of extra fuel around! :waytogo: I keep about 20 gal in heavy duty plastic(motosport) containers and older metal cans. Also keep 3 of my motorcycles filled with gas(14-15 gal). Usually just rotate out the oldest gas in the spring and refresh. Probably be a wise idea to grab a bottle of Stabil just in case.
Still need to work on assembling a SHTF kit and plans. :Boo:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Where does the spout store when not in use? Knowing me, I'd lose it if it doesn't have "on board" storage.

Bluez

Full Access Member
I put the spout in one of my Nissan Xterras many "cubby holes"
Once its been used and needs to air out I use the Xterras roof basket to air it out and get rid of fumes beofre it goes back in truck

Arckadian

Extra fuel cans, or whatever you wish to use them for could be nice to have. I am actually looking at possibly getting some potable water containers like I used in the military and having them laying around for when I might need them. Then again I would also want the 2 1/2 ton truck that runs on anything flammable as well, need to have a vehicle that can run when the fuel supplies run out and it can run on just about anything.

Members online

No members online now.