Reflex sight?

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Anyone here have any experience using one. I've always been a iron sights kind of guy but I'm thinking of trying something new. I've used acog's (years ago in the army) and tried a friends eotech and I don't care for either. I'm not big on scopes and it would be pointless on a SBR. Lets here any good or bad experience you guys have with a reflex sight. I've only used one on call of duty lol

J.Wal

Try a small red dot. Depending on how much you want to spend you can get one for 50 bucks and up.

J.Wal

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
A cheap optic is not as good as an expensive optic, durability and battery life are going to be vastly different on either end of the scale.

I also know not everyone needs an optic that they could take into combat, most are going to end up on range toys.

I've went away form EOTechs and am mostly using Aimpoints, I dig that they can be left turned on continuously for 5 years on a single set of battery's.

A fair middle of the road regarding quality and cost is the Vortex line, check them out if curious about getting one but don't want to commit the $400+ of an Aimpoint, EOTech or Trijicon.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Thanks for the advice guys. I understand you get what you pay for but I really don't care for acog's, eotech's or aimpoints. If I had to choose one of those it would be a Aimpoint hands down

The Burris fastfire II is more a long the lines of what I consider a reflex sight. I could be mistaken in my terminology though. Here's a link to the Burris
http://www.burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thanks for the advice guys. I understand you get what you pay for but I really don't care for acog's, eotech's or aimpoints. If I had to choose one of those it would be a Aimpoint hands down

The Burris fastfire II is more a long the lines of what I consider a reflex sight. I could be mistaken in my terminology though. Here's a link to the Burris
http://www.burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html

The Burris I believe is more for pistols...what exactly are u looking to get out of your sight?
The link I sent you on what i have in the op, do you not consider that a reflex sight?:snoopfacepalm:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Anyone here have any experience using one. I've always been a iron sights kind of guy but I'm thinking of trying something new. I've used acog's (years ago in the army) and tried a friends eotech and I don't care for either. I'm not big on scopes and it would be pointless on a SBR. Lets here any good or bad experience you guys have with a reflex sight. I've only used one on call of duty lol

Heres a reveiw on the NCStar multible reflex sight..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7xvo8NdPwE[/ame]

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
The Burris I believe is more for pistols...what exactly are u looking to get out of your sight?
The link I sent you on what i have in the op, do you not consider that a reflex sight?:snoopfacepalm:

I think you are right but now it's used widely on pistols, shotguns and rifles. I'm just looking for a alternative to Aimpoint, eotech etc. I'm not a fan of either and I'd like to try something besides iron sights for once.
The link you posted is exactly what I call a reflex sight. Everyone besides you was referencing aimpoints, eotech's and similar sights. So I thought maybe I was wrong in what I thought a reflex sight was. Thanks

Heres a reveiw on the NCStar multible reflex sight..

Seems like a good option for the money. I'm not sure how I feel about it needing to be rezeroed when you change reticles though. How does it perform at 50-100 yards?

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I think you are right but now it's used widely on pistols, shotguns and rifles. I'm just looking for a alternative to Aimpoint, eotech etc. I'm not a fan of either and I'd like to try something besides iron sights for once.
The link you posted is exactly what I call a reflex sight. Everyone besides you was referencing aimpoints, eotech's and similar sights. So I thought maybe I was wrong in what I thought a reflex sight was. Thanks

Seems like a good option for the money. I'm not sure how I feel about it needing to be rezeroed when you change reticles though. How does it perform at 50-100 yards?

No problems One thing I would reccommed is that u bore sight it, I this will gurantee that u are onsight between the reflex and Back up sights. for the money I think that its a great investment, U can have it turned off and still use ur backup sights and yes you need to pick which one(reticle) you want to use. I shot mine using every sight oic till I fount one thaat I thought was comfortable with...Concealed27:gr_guns::gr_guns:

Last edited:

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Thanks for the tip on bore sighting. I'm gonna start doing some research and try and make a decision on one in the next few weeks. No rush since I can't shoot it yet anyway. Right now I have some cheap promag flip up sights on there. I wanna get some range time with this gun and try to decide what optic setup I think will suit me best. Thanks for all your help so far

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thanks for the tip on bore sighting. I'm gonna start doing some research and try and make a decision on one in the next few weeks. No rush since I can't shoot it yet anyway. Right now I have some cheap promag flip up sights on there. I wanna get some range time with this gun and try to decide what optic setup I think will suit me best. Thanks for all your help so far

What type AR are u building?

Members online

No members online now.