Prepping Category

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I know this is a weapons forum, but I do see alot of talk about Prepping and Bug Out bags. There is a ton of info and ideas to be shared about that subject. It's not only for those "Anti Gov Freaks" but for Natural Disasters too and being prepared in the event of Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Ice Storns etc.

How about a "Prepping & Natural Disaster" category under the Education & Training Forum???

STF

Full Access Member
How about just a general gear section IE back packs, LBE's, holsters, etc.?

I agree and I don't really like to post much on those prepping sites because I think a lot of those people are a little radical for me.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
How about just a general gear section IE back packs, LBE's, holsters, etc.?

I agree and I don't really like to post much on those prepping sites because I think a lot of those people are a little radical for me.

I figured those gear items would fall under that category.

I agree too, and why I suggested it here, no need for a whole forum of freaks on prepping. I'm into it some for natural disasters, and my dad owns 160 acres, so some survivalist skills and items are not a bad idea for us. Being in rural OK, if he has a bad enough storm, he can be without power for over 2 weeks since the Electric Companies work on the city areas turning on the most people at one time, and the hospials first. Which makes sense.

And you are so right. There are some real freaks out there. I seen on some show where a guy dug out and sunk what looked to me like a 40 foot shipping container and made a bunker out of it. Which is pretty cool really, but for his purpose, I think overboard. And this thing was like 20 minutes from his house. Didn't give the location, but the guy is showing that he had like $2000 cash in small bills, $1, $5 and $10. About $5000 in Gold, Several rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo. A complete wardrrobe for eaxh member of his family, on and on. He said he was prepared for surviving the end of the world. He was asked, so if it's the end of the world as we know it, why would you want to be here? He said, Because him and his family would start rebuilding it. (The World). I guess he may be the next Jesus.

STF

Full Access Member
the bunker idea is cool to me but as a storm shelter. It would be cool to have all my firearms/reloading stuff in one below like say a work shop or something. I don't really have room in my house for that stuff.

kwo51

Full Access Member
There will not be any place to hide when the S--t hits the fan. Hunkering down where you are will be the best way to survive.Wait till the smoke clears then run for the hills. Having an out is always good but moving with the rest of the cattle is never a good idea except for cover. Don't live in a target zone.!!!!!! JMO

STF

Full Access Member
There will not be any place to hide when the S--t hits the fan. Hunkering down where you are will be the best way to survive.Wait till the smoke clears then run for the hills. Having an out is always good but moving with the rest of the cattle is never a good idea except for cover. Don't live in a target zone.!!!!!! JMO

I agree with that.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
There is a "Prepping" thread under "Political/Conspiracy" section.

http://www.weaponsforum.com/f43/prepping-74/

One of my favorite subjects to read about is prepping. I've enjoyed the fictional but possible books called "One Second After" and more recently I've read "Lights Out". Both books about an EMP taking out the electrical grid and how people cope and survive.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Administrator
I don't see a problem with it, sounds like a great idea. Tell me where you feel it would fit the best

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts