Prepping

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Here is a good book that I'm reading called Lights Out.

It's about hows a couple families cope with life after an EMP. It also gives you some insight on what you may need to survive in some kind of disaster. Give it a try and see what you think.

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
If you guys really want to get into prepping there are forums that are singularly made for survivalists.

I am on SHTFready and really like that forum because it has a very friendly member base and everyone is very open but there are also bigger forums like zombie squad and others but they tend to argue more than they do any good.

I say in prepping go for what you need first by the number of 3's rule

3 minutes without air
3 days without water
30 days without food

Full Access Member
This book was very informative.

How to survive the end of
the world as we know it.

By James Wesley,Rawles.

otasan

Full Access Member
I wonder if this survivalist mindset would be here had BHO been thrown out of office in the last election?

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
NO Telling. I didn't trust Romney to much either. But he was the best of the 2 evils. That rich bastard doesn't give a rats ass about the middle or lower class and I honestly believe that was the 2nd reason he didn't get elected. First reason was Obama giving FREE rides at the expense of the working class to all the lazy asses. All they had to do was get up off their ass for 1 day to vote, and then get to sit on their ass for 4 more years.

We need John McCain !!!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Another one I'd consider, although I say consider since I don't yet know enough about him, but I was certainly very impressed with Chris Christie at the RNC.

Jamal

I'd like to mention that being prepared with a "bug out" bag isn't just for a SHTF situation. It would come in handy if you have a house fire, or similar situation. That's more of a being prepared bag than a bug out, but you get the point.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I'd like to mention that being prepared with a "bug out" bag isn't just for a SHTF situation. It would come in handy if you have a house fire, or similar situation. That's more of a being prepared bag than a bug out, but you get the point.

Exactly. Katrina !!! Nuff Said???

Living in OK and going thru the May 3rd, 99 Tornado. I learned my lesson then. Luckily wasn't so bad. Even an ice storm here can leave some people without power for up to 2 weeks, so it does pay to be prepared for a Natural Disaster, and just a few more items it doubles for a SHTF purpose too.

I think I've finally got my daughter on board with a prepping too. As I told her, when it comes to Feast or Famine, even your own neighbors will be trying to steal your shit cuz they did not prepare and you better be ready to protect what you did right so don't be afraid to pass the word onto your neighbors too, and if they think you're being a freak, just tell them it's for Natural Disasters and use the May 3rd tornado and Katrina as examples. And remind them in Katrina, evacuations were forced you didn't have an option, so you didn't have a choice to hunker down, you had to bug out.

The way I see it, the more people you can get to prepare, that's less people you have to worry about taking your shit. Not to mention, if you run low on something and they're low on something, then have stuff you can barter with.

I think it was another thread I put it in, I've also added Bleach to my Bug out kit. You can sanitize mega amounts of water with just a quart of bleach, and have safe drinking water in 30 minutes out of a pond, creek, river or lake. Also sanitize eating utensils or a food prep area if you are butchering an animal to eat. Bleaxh also doubles as treatment for Poison Oak and Poison Ivy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts