Pick up a new leather holster for my G30s

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
It came last night, I love this holster and I got it from Nelsonholster here are a few pics.

I was able to find a 9 rounds mag for my G30s the other day.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Is it the same size as a 23,19 holster? Why not standard 10 rounds. Will g21 mags work in it.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm not positive but I think the 30S is al slim or single stack design. Therefore the reduced capacity and no the 21 mags won't work in it. They will in a regular G30 but not the 30S. Waiting to be corrected.

kwo51

Full Access Member
We will learn together.I thought the 30s was just a 30 with a 36 size slide on it. The frame was the same.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
We will learn together.I thought the 30s was just a 30 with a 36 size slide on it. The frame was the same.

That would make you correct. I finally decided to look at the Glock website and the only thing that slimmer is the slide (like that makes a big difference?). The capacity should still be 10 rounds just like the 30. The 30 and 30S share the same frame. I think I was mistaking the 30S for the G36. Glocks numbering system isn't the easiest to memorize.:crazy:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
The S is thinner imo I have held both side by side and the frame is like the sf and fits h a nd different, I'm not sure on exact measurements but I am pretty sure it's thinner. But I'm not 1 00 percent...maybe an Certified Glock Armourer could answer, I'm an armorer just not certified by glock......it can take all 45 glock mags except the 36
Concealed 27

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The S is thinner imo I have held both side by side and the frame is like the sf and fits h a nd different, I'm not sure on exact measurements but I am pretty sure it's thinner. But I'm not 1 00 percent...maybe an Certified Glock Armourer could answer, I'm an armorer just not certified by glock......it can take all 45 glock mags except the 36
Concealed 27

If it can take the G30 and G21 mags then that would indicate it's the same frame size as they are. But I've not held the 30S so I don't know if they've done something to thin the sides of the grip. According to the Glock website, the slide is thinner. :shrug:

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I'm not positive but I think the 30S is al slim or single stack design. Therefore the reduced capacity and no the 21 mags won't work in it. They will in a regular G30 but not the 30S. Waiting to be corrected.

Yes it will work because the G30S is the same as the G30 just have the same frame but slide is the G36. Sorry for not coming early.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Thank you sir I love it.

Yes it will work with the G21 mag.

Yep, upon further investigation this has been determined. I was (mentally) confusing the 30S with the 36. Fortunately I only lost a few nights sleep worrying about this.
aetsch.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts