Ok, got an odd question...

Trixxterr

Ok, as the title says.. odd question..

How long would it take to cut into a gun safe w a torch?!?!

Ok, now that I have your intrest. Here's the story, my brother in law goes to pick up his kids from his EX FATHER-IN-LAWS house their mother is off watching a basketball game, and this guy is three sheets in the wind. I mean totally blitzed. Well, he is all sorts of pissed off, and threated to shoot my brother-in-law. He proceeds to grab the torch to cut open the safe, setting the house on fire. Small fire, out in a min or two. Kids are loaded up, and they leave.. but seriously? A torch? Don't you know how to open YOUR OWN DAMN SAFE?!?! YES, the authorities were called, once the kids were moved to a safe location.

What was this guy thinking? How long would it have taken him to actually get in there?? Any ideas??

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Depends on what fire rateing it has i would think? I don't aways break into safes but when i do i use C4. J/K.. I have no clue.

Trixxterr

Depends on what fire rateing it has i would think? I don't aways break into safes but when i do i use C4. J/K.. I have no clue.

Yeah, hmm. Thinking the use of C4 would ruin the usefulness of any weapons inside anyways. Just can't fathom what the hell this guy was thinking.. oh that's right he wasn't. LOL.

Arckadian

I would be more worried about setting the rounds off with the heat myself. if he manages to cut a hole in the safe and gets the bullets hot enough it might be enough to get a reaction out of the gun powder.

Trixxterr

Yeah, I didn't think about that at all. Good thing he gave up, after setting the house on fire. Dumbass. Could've ended up being one of those Murphy's Laws moments. Or Darwin Award Winners.. LOL.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
With an Oxy/Ace torch not long at all. At most the door is 3/8" plate which would take less than 1 minute to preheat and just a few seconds per inch to cut. The top sides and back are just sheetmetal likely 10ga or less. I bet I could get in a gun safe in under 5 mins.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
With an Oxy/Ace torch not long at all. At most the door is 3/8" plate which would take less than 1 minute to preheat and just a few seconds per inch to cut. The top sides and back are just sheetmetal likely 10ga or less. I bet I could get in a gun safe in under 5 mins.

How would the contents inside fair?

Members online

No members online now.