Noob Here

MrFister1975

I was looking around in this forum, but it seems to be a dead area. Does anyone lurk around in here.

Mr. Fister ~ Fûß

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It can be a bit slow but it has it's moments. Welcome aboard. Every new member adds to this forum being more active. Post away.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
We have been around a little over a year, a lot of good people and knowledge .....welcome and post you will get responses.......
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
They have snow in Florida??
:mexsmoke:

The part of Florida I lived in was all sand. So I don't know what rocks he's talking about either. And Miami has seen snow (flurries) a time or two.

herald-snow-in-miami.jpg

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
no snow in Tampa but it's cold as hell for me, not used to 30 degrees myself.... I don't know how u guys up in the north deal with it. I don't have heat so at night it's cold as shell I'm my apt. I'm looking for a new place cause lease is up soon but I like my area so gonna try to stay close.....
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
no snow in Tampa but it's cold as hell for me, not used to 30 degrees myself.... I don't know how u guys up in the north deal with it. I don't have heat so at night it's cold as shell I'm my apt. I'm looking for a new place cause lease is up soon but I like my area so gonna try to stay close.....
Concealed 27

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get one of those ceramic heaters. Plug it in and park yourself in front of it. It will heat up a room or at least take the chill off. And they're not that expensive either. Walmart carries them too.

Warmwave 1500-Watt Ceramic Electric Portable Heater-HPG15B-M at The Home Depot

kwo51

Full Access Member
When I lived in Miami 1951 -1980 except for a couple years working for the uncle. I found little use for a shovel ,an ax and pick to dig or explosives. Were I live now North central florida has dirt and rocks.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I got a space heater and it does help but I wish I had central heat...lol
But thanks for the advice brother I appreciate it.......
Concealed 27

Glad to hear you have some heat. It may not be enough to heat the whole place but at least you're not having to huddle under a blanket shivering. We just had about an inch of snow overnight. Accumulated just on the grassy areas. Roads are clear. But just to be on the safe side I went and got 10 gallons of kerosene for our heaters. We rarely have any power outages but I wanted to be prepared. All is well. Here's the back yard.
JanSnow2.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Beautiful property my friend , how much land do u have?

Thanks, 3.5 acres (wish it were 35). We had almost 6 but my parents moved up from Ft. Meyers and we divided the property so they could build next to us. Yeah, I know. I'm a great son. Did I mention my 91yo MIL lives with us too. I hope I have a Fastpass through the Pearly Gates when the time arrives. Not too soon though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.