Nite Ize Flex Light Adapter for Mini Mag Light

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
This little gadget works great for inspecting bores and many other plumbing and auto related purposes too. I bought it many years ago at either Lowe's or Home Depot IIRC. I keep this one in my gun vault, but wanted another for my tool roll a way. Can't find it anywhere.

If anyone sees or finds this adapter, please let me know and everyone else too. I recommend it for every rifle owner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NiteIzeMoss 005.jpg
    NiteIzeMoss 005.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 19
  • NiteIzeMoss 006.jpg
    NiteIzeMoss 006.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 19
  • NiteIzeMoss 012.jpg
    NiteIzeMoss 012.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 19
  • NiteIzeMoss 010.jpg
    NiteIzeMoss 010.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
That might be possible. The center core is of some other type material that transfers the light thru the black coating. That's something to think about though for certain.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Hmm, I don't think it's just black tubing. As the wouldn't deliver enough light out the end when it's bent. There's gotta be some type of clear flexible core to deliver the light to the tip.

ninja man

Full Access Member
fiber optics. if you dont need a lot of flexibility you can use acrylic rods shielded on the outside. it wont transfer as much, but it will definitely work.otherwise buy some fiber optic cable and make your own

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
No, black tubing alone won't do it. There is some kind of core within this black coating that transfers the light source.. About what this looks like is a piece of weedeater trimmer line covered with shrink tubing.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator

You'da man Jeffree !!! :High 5:

I'm not dumb.. really. I did search after search, using Nite Ize, Flex light, light adapters, Mag light adapter, fiber optic flex Nite Ize and on and on and came up nothing. I figured they may have quit making them.

I'll be ordering another one, suggest everyone else does too. They come in handy for several different things other than gun bores.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
You spelled his name wrong. There are three E's in his name

Edited !!! Did I get it right that time???

So much easier to find now with a Part #. Thanks Jeff. That one link for the 20 inch, they are sold out. I found 2 other places, 1 of them has both the 7 in and the 20 in, but are $10 ea. I found this place too with the 20inch for $6.90, not sure what there shipping is though.
http://www.quality-items-flashlights.com/index.php/cat/c1334_NiteIze-Fiber-optic-adapter.html 20inch $6.90.

.pdf info about this tool. http://www.mypockits.com/media/Fiber Optics.pdf

Helluva deal here since the 7in should work fine for purposes of a gun, $7.47 and it's a kit with the adapter, the Mini Mag light and batteries.
http://www.campco-support.com/web/product_detail.asp?clid=NIZ&pid=25867

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts