Nice site, lets see how good it is

manurehappens

First I'm from California,(no boos or hisses)
I own an Armalite M15 SPR with the "Hell fire" trigger system, and am a california registered assualt wepons owner. It doesn't get used much, only when company comes over. I like hearing O-WOW DUDE THATS COOL. Anyway reciently I took it to the local gun shop to sell it and was told "I can't"
They could not explain, only say It's illegal to sell in CA, and it's illegal to cross the state line with it or to mail it out of California. WHAT! I tried surfing for any info. But couldn't understand the legal gibberish, I'm just a country boy.
I'll be damned (I know there is no profanity here, its 2012 I dont think thats profane anymore. Well mabye only in the deep south) I'll be damned if I'll turn it in to be destroyed. THEY WILL HAVE TO PRY MY COLD DEAD FINGERS OFF IT!
Can or is there anyone who can explain this in terms that can be understood by the common person? What options if any, do a po boy have.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
"Discovery of Abandoned Assault Weapons
There've been a few incidents of new homeowners discovering Uzis, AK-47s, or other assault weapons hidden within their homes by the previous occupant. This typically happens when a gun owner hides weapons at various places in his home, then dies. When the family sells the house later, the weapons remain behind. Unfortunately, it is be illegal to take possession of these weapons, so they must be destroyed or surrendered to the police."

Yeah, right...like that's going to happen.

Welcome.

Last edited:

Trixxterr

I'm thinking, unless they are searching every car or truck that leaves the state they would NEVER know you took it across state lines, say to Texas, a gun friendly state to sell it.

Bullsh.. gun laws such as those in the link posted is one reason why I would NEVER live in California, visit see the sights, and get my Ass back to Texas..

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
I'm thinking, unless they are searching every car or truck that leaves the state they would NEVER know you took it across state lines, say to Texas, a gun friendly state to sell it.

Bullsh.. gun laws such as those in the link posted is one reason why I would NEVER live in California, visit see the sights, and get my Ass back to Texas..

Where are you at in CenTex? Ever been to the metropolis of Groesbeck?

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
From the link above... I will NEVER live there.

Selling a Registered Assault Weapon
Assuming that the assault rifle is a registered pre-ban assault rifle and not a functionally similar CA-legal variant of one, selling it is tricky. Within California, assault rifles must be sold via a gun shop with an assault weapon permit. You can't sell them to private individuals unless they happen to have some kind of exemption (a police officer with a letter from his department could legally purchase it, as long as the transfer happened through an AW-permit-holding gun shop). Assuming you have found a gun dealer with an assault weapon permit, they can handle the transfer of the weapon. You would arrange for the weapon to be sold (i.e. list it on Gunbroker, or a board, or something like that) and then transport the weapon to the dealer. The dealer will then handle shipping the weapon to the purchaser's dealer, and everything is taken care of in accordance with California law. If your weapon appears on the Roberti-Roos or Kasler lists, this is the only way you can sell your weapon.

Trixxterr

Where are you at in CenTex? Ever been to the metropolis of Groesbeck?

I THINK so. And by that I mean I may have passed through. And if I remember, there isn't much there so I probably forgot. Lol. But to answer the question. I'm from the HUGE(LOL) city of Burnet. 60mi NW of Austin.

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
Oh heck, I was out near horseshoe bay a few times this year, beautiful country out there. Groesbeck doesn't have much, but I'm 15 miles outside of there so it's a nice escape from Houston.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
States are just so damn weird. In Cali, you can't sell a Hell Fire trigger, but yet.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
From the link above... I will NEVER live there.

I could see it illegal to sell the weapon with the Hell Fire installed on it, but the same applies for a part? I know it's illegal to sell parts to make a weapon fully automatic, but Hell Fire doens't make a weapon full automatic. It's not much different than mounting a scope. You're not not modifying the internals of the weapon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts