New wheel gun time.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
My dealer owned me a favor and made me a hell of a deal on a S&W 686 plus..... I've long lusted for a 7 shot .357 Mag so it was good timing.

50d05e4af38a76f7a1b78c3ec5ba6f8d_zps062420d5.jpg

DA trigger pull needs some work but that is to be expected with a stock trigger.

Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
Very cool.

I would walk with a limp if I carried a 7-shot...I have a thing for even numbers in a revolver...

Good choice though.

kwo51

Full Access Member
8 round speed louder ? You can put a 30 round mag in a glock 27 they just stick out a little.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Thanks guys, I'm all for the tacticool toys but something just feels right about a nice revolver.

They do come in the 8 shot variety, that extra hole is pricy though. .357 Magnum - Smith & Wesson

One of my carry guns is the 327PC, but I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP on it.

I'm with you on the tacticool/revolver stuff, too. Sure I have plenty of autos, and love them, but an auto-even a well made 1911-can't approach the refinement of a well-made revolver.

:Caffeine:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Do any of you wheel gun guys remember dump pouches? There is a reason double stack mags rule the roost.If 357 sig was not such a bastard round still, I would convert all my 40 S&W to it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Do any of you wheel gun guys remember dump pouches? There is a reason double stack mags rule the roost.If 357 sig was not such a bastard round still, I would convert all my 40 S&W to it.

I can't find the Glock coversion for 23 to 357...do u know where I can get one my friend?
Thanks, Concealed 27

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I can't find the Glock coversion for 23 to 357...do u know where I can get one my friend?
Thanks, Concealed 27

Check eBay for Lone Wolf barrels. I helped a friend get one last month to convert a G33 to a G27. Cost was around $100 and it shoots great.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Some company's don't like to go from 40 S&W to 357 but will go from 10mm to 357sig. I would check with Barstow and see if it is an over pressure problem. If it were I would make sure to have have a fully supported barrel.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Found one thanks, lone wolf on eBay, I have been looking there so it must be newly listed...lw website does not even have them I guess i m not gonna be able to get it blind marked like my 40/9 conversion...oh well, we will see if i can afford it this month.......
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.