Need help/advice.

Trixxterr

Ok, so I was given an old S&W revolver from my Grandmother a year or so before she passed. But somewhere along the years, someone has refinished this gun, from what WAS a matte/flat finish to a common everyday blued shiny finish. The old flat/matte finish can still be seen under the grips.

So, anyone have or know someone or a company they trust that I can have this redone and taken back to the original type of finish.. Preferably in Texas. Even more so in Central Texas.

If it makes a difference, its a .38 SPL officers revolver. 1945. Navy I believe..

100_4298.jpg

100_4297.jpg

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Check with S&W and see if they will return it to original finish.If not most any competent gun smith can do it or have it done.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Contact BrotbersInArms which is a member/vendor on here. They are in the Austin area which most likely fairly close to you

Trixxterr

BIA..Sounds like a good lead, I'll check into it and see what comes of it. Sending it off to S&W? Not really something I want to do, may leave that as a last resort kinda thing. (Fear of it getting lost or damaged in shipping,etc.)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.