N.Carolina shooter update

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
The North Carolina man accused of fatally shooting three members of a Muslim family Tuesday had a dozen firearms and loaded magazines and cases of ammunition in his home, according to search warrants released Friday.

Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, is charged with three counts of murder for the deaths of his neighbors Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23; his wife, Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha, 21 and her sister; Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19, who were killed in their home near the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Tuesday.

Search warrants in the case say officers responding to a report of gunfire at 5:11 p.m. found Deah Barakat fatally shot in the head as they approached the apartment, NBC station WNCN reported. Yusor and Razan were found inside the apartment, also shot to death.

The shooting was apparantly over a ongoing parking dispute but some have speculated it was due to the fact they were targeted instead as Muslims and it was more of a hate crime.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I don't know what to think in this case. I suspect there's more to it than just a parking space dispute. Condolences to the deceased and their families. I also don't like that the suspect is a CHP holder. It doesn't help the rest of us at all. I can't stand the way the media makes the suspect out to be a nut job based on the guns and ammo he owned. Sad situation. Three lives lost over a trivial (on the surface) parking disagreement.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
To me it doesn't matter what faith his victims were
or what color he is
or how many gun and ammo he has
or if it was a "hate crime"

If he is guilty, hang him.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Seems to me any time someone kills another person it is a hate crime. People have breaking points and he reached his .

ViperJeff

Administrator
Regardless if it's classified as a hate crime or not, it will surely be a capital crime where the death penalty will be available. The only reason to classify it as a hate crime is to get a harsher penalty if found guilty, what more harsh than death?

Members online

No members online now.