My new economy rig

Bluez

Full Access Member
So soon I will leave the Army and will no longer have certainty in my employment.

Thing is when you leave the Army your skill-set does not always transfer fully to the next job.. unlike when you are say a chemist leaving DuPont , then there's always Bayer, Merck etc you can hire on.

But if you leave the US Army there is not like the other US army, you can hire on with, one state over.

So pondering all this, as of late I have been pursuing economy solutions when building my collection of competent combat ARs.

So I bought a $600 Troy Bravo rifle during Black Friday, added a Blackhawk VFG (one of my favorite VFGs and on sale at PSA for 10 bucks to boot!);... added a Bushnell TR25 on sale for 53 dollars at PSA including the riser.

Got a medium riser (which I prefer over over the included high riser) for 10 dollars.
Added a set of troy Back up sights which I had lieing around and I have a sub 700 dollar rifle (except for the back up troys) that I feel I cna trust and will run well for me.

I am taking it to one of my Infantry weekend with max Velocity this weekend and will tell folks how it held up.

Attachments

• 100_0717.jpg
    100_0717.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_0718.jpg
    100_0718.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0719.jpg
    100_0719.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

ViperJeff

Administrator
So soon I will leave the Army and will no longer have certainty in my employment.

Thing is when you leave the Army your skill-set does not always transfer fully to the next job.. unlike when you are say a chemist leaving DuPont , then there's always Bayer, Merck etc you can hire on.

But if you leave the US Army there is not like the other US army, you can hire on with, one state over.

So pondering all this, as of late I have been pursuing economy solutions when building my collection of competent combat ARs.

So I bought a $600 Troy Bravo rifle during Black Friday, added a Blackhawk VFG (one of my favorite VFGs and on sale at PSA for 10 bucks to boot!);... added a Bushnell TR25 on sale for 53 dollars at PSA including the riser.

Got a medium riser (which I prefer over over the included high riser) for 10 dollars.
Added a set of troy Back up sights which I had lieing around and I have a sub 700 dollar rifle (except for the back up troys) that I feel I cna trust and will run well for me.

I am taking it to one of my Infantry weekend with max Velocity this weekend and will tell folks how it held up.

Nice.....

Hey, you can always become a Peace Officer, you know the talking heads are saying it's becoming to militarized, so you should fit right in :chewie:

oppo

Full Access Member
All I see missing is a light. With the VFG, you can add a good light cheaply that is easy to use.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Looks good my friend and from your range report it ran good I like it, may get one after I sell one of my shotguns......

Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts